Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A is an Exclusive model in the Korean region. It comes with QHD Display. It comes with the KitKat version; You can update to Marshmallow version. Marshmallow version Improved in every way compared with the Old KitKat and Lollipop version. You can easily update your mobile using OTA update. But, in some situations, you can’t update using the Auto method. Rooted devices and Bricked mobiles are some examples. In those situations, you should upgrade your mobile using below ODIN method. It has 3 GB of RAM. So, you can use this mobile without lag for a Long time.
Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware Flash- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A
Official OTA Method
If you want to update a security patch to the current month. Don’t go for manual method. Before that method, try this OTA Method.
The process is simple and straightforward;
Go to your device setting menu and scroll down to the bottom
Tap on “Software Update”
You may have to refresh the page to start the OTA upgrade process.
Manual Method ( SM-G906K / SM-G906L / SM-G906S )
- Check Your Device Mobile No. If you flash Different model number, you will lose some features based on your region.
- Battery Percentage Above 50.
- Backup Your Device.
Using ODIN Method
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock; you’ll find these options at Settings >>> Developer options. If you didn’t see the developer options on your settings menu, then go to about >>> build number; click on the “Build Number” row for about ten times regularly to activate “Developer Option” on your device.
- Download Samsung USB driver and install it in your PC.
- We are using third party software flashing. Download ODIN and install this also in your PC. In version select above Marshmallow supporting version ODIN.
- Download Firmware For Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A Official Firmware. Select recent firmware. When selecting firmware refer- How to choose correct firmware.
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+ Home + Power Buttons. Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable, After Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After entering into Download Mode, it will say Warning Press Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you did not get this message Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button then Browse for the Firmware file selects it. Tick the Auto Reboot.
- Press Start wait for the tasks to complete. It will automatically reboot after the process complete.
- You can Check the Firmware Details->Settings->About->Version.
Samsung Galaxy Marshmallow 6.0.1
This firmware update updates your mobile to marshmallow 6.0.1 with a lot of upgrade features compared with Lollipop 5.1.1.
- You can create shortcuts to access particular Action in settings.
- Locks screen is same as Lollipop version, But you can expand the notifications within the Lock screen. If you didn’t hide information in lock screen.
- Google Search bar added with some enhanced Voice command Features.
- Now you can list the apps based on Alphabetical Ascending or Descending Order. It helps you to select the apps quickly.
Notifications and Quick Settings
- Single Swipe will expand the notifications; Double Swipe will reveal the Quick settings menu.
- You can customize app open close transition, Swipe transition and More.
200 New Emoji
- There is plenty of new emoji added in emoji set. Where you can use them any text area.
Android Pay and Samsung Pay
- Android Pay added to work seamlessly with your device NFC. Samsung pay can work on selected check out.
- You can Monitor your Battery life based on the usage. Where you can also check when you charged 100% When your battery drains off like that.
Use SD Card as an Internal Storage- Adaptive Storage
- SD cards can be used as an Internal Storage, But they may be slow compared with the actual Internal Storage.
- View which your App uses permissions. If the app looks suspicious or using additional permissions, you can analyze using this feature.
- A lot of features added within Text selection- Copy, Paste, Select All, Search, Translate.
Benefits of Stock Firmware
There are Plenty of benefits using stock firmware. Below I Mention Major two.
- Security- Yes, you will receive regular security patch updates, directly from your Manufacturer.
- Hassle free usage- In Rare cases, if you misuse rooted devices, It may lead to some lag in usage or Random Restarts like that. In those situations, you can recover your mobile by Flashing Stock firmware.
Selecting correct firmware is the Major step in this process. If you follow all steps correctly, you can quickly flash firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A. If you face any problem or if you need any additional mirrors comment below.
Selva Kumar is a Technology Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the Technology. He is a Computer Science Graduate, Making His Career towards this Technology.