Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 comes with Lollipop version. Xiaomi stopped security patch updates and upgrades after Marshmallow version. With 3 GB RAM and Mid-Range processor, you can use this mobile for 1-2 Years without Root. But, If you already feel lag in your mobile, you can root your mobile and flash Custom ROM. This Pixel Experience ROM Pie 9.0 is official and will receive regular patch updates. When you get Official ROM, It is mostly free from Major Bugs like Mobile Network and Bluetooth issues. This ROM has features like Improved Gestures, Adaptive Brightness, Full device encryption, and Adaptive Battery. You should have TWRP Installed in your mobile to flash this ROM.
Why should you flash Official Pixel Experience Pie 9.0 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3?
We are thanks for the Hard work of Pixel Experience OS team and Maintainer baalajimaestro. Without this team, this method is not possible. Your mobile has 3 GB of RAM. It is more than enough for normal usage and heavy usage too. It will not receive regular patch updates from Xiaomi. They Stopped updates after Marshmallow version. It has a Mid-Range level Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 Processor. But coming to OS, Some users hate MIUI. If you are a one, you can use this official Pixel Experience ROM. It is near the Stock Android with a lot of features.
If we optimize correctly with correct OS after rooting, we can see some Improvements. So, after rooting, I can expect Lag-free experience? Probably. Also, if we hibernate and eliminate a lot of unwanted apps and optimize some apps, your device is hardware limited. But, within these limits, we can enhance the performance by 30-40% compared with your old usage. If you use Pixel Experience Custom ROMs, you can expect a 50-80% improvement in performance.
How to Install Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pixel Experience Pie 9.0 Official ROM
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 comes with a flexible bootloader other than Verizon devices. Verizon devices come with locked Bootloader. This means that different smartphone variants can be easily rooted. Also, the device can accept to install TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery file/app alike.
TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file which must be installed on your devices because you can root them successfully. In this article, we explained the easiest method to follow and install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the latest version of Pixel Experience ROM into your Redmi Note 3. Before sharing the tutorial, you may want to know that, with the TWRP recovery present on your device, you can easily install any custom ROM or firmware. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything will be explained succinctly in bullets. If you didn’t root your mobile, Refer- Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
Things to check out for;
Check your device model number.
- Should have TWRP installed on your mobile.
Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
Backup your current files and data, just in case (save them on external storage using TWRP Backup).
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To do this; go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in Redmi Note 3.
Download Pixel Experience Pie 9.0 and copy it in your Mobile SD Card.
- Redmi Note 3 (Kenzo).
Flash Pixel Experience ROM using TWRP
- Switch off your device. Then, enter into Recovery mode. To do this; press and hold down the Volume Up+ Power buttons at the same time for some time.
Press the Volume Up button to continue when you see the warning message.
- Now it Will Boot into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache, Dalvik, System Data. System Data will delete all files including your Current OS.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select Pixel Experience ROM.Zip.
- After the Installation Reboot Your Mobile.
- We have successfully Installed Pixel Experience ROM on our mobile.
Regarding Gapps For Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Google Apps Called Gapps. That are Pre-Installed on All Android Mobiles. Google apps are Gmail, Google Maps, Play Store, YouTube, Google+, Search, Google Docs, Google Music, etc. These Gapps are not Pre-Installed With Custom ROMs Like CyanogenMod and others, Due to Some License Problems. All the Gapps Applications are the property of Google. There is no Re-modification in the Gapps. If you flash other Custom ROMs, you should flash Gapps separately. But in Pixel Experience, they come as In-Built apps.
Considerable Pixel Experience ROM Pie 9.0 Features
There are a lot of features added in this Custom ROM. Here I mentioned some Important features.
- Android Pie 9.0 Stock Android ROM with System-Wide Color options available. Dark, Grey themes are also available.
- We have optimized Recent apps Switcher.
- Volume Rocker contains Silent/Vibrate/Mute Options with Easy adjustable navigation.
- Notification enhanced. Instead of replying to a single message, now you can reply to the whole conversation.
- Lock Screen Visualizer for music.
- New Set of Emoji.
- Notification light can be configured with a lot of colors.
- Google Camera app, All Banking apps, and Payment apps will work without any issues.
- Digital Wellbeing- Optimize your time with Social Network interaction.
- Adaptive Battery- Better Battery optimization.
- Improved Gesture navigation compared with the Oreo version and most of the features available in Pixel devices.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is an Upper Mid-Range level Mobile; We can expect Some Improvement. But, If you use Pixel Experience Custom Roms, you can expect a considerable performance Improvement and Clear UI. So, If you have little knowledge in rooting, flash, and hate MIUI, you can flash Pixel Experience Custom ROM. If you flash other Custom ROM, check what is working and what is not working. It is wise to use Some Official Custom ROMs like Lineage or Pixel Experience. You will not lose HD streaming required By Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.