After emerging from the fall, Nokia released many mobile line-ups in all categories at a reasonable price. The one thing where they lacked is the software. But with the new line ups, most of the Nokia mobiles comes with Android One OS. So, You will get regular OS and patch updates. Nokia 3.2 comes with Pie 9.0 version. As per the Google update promise, Nokia 3.2 got the Android 10 version. As usual, you can always update your mobile using the OTA method. When you can’t do the regular OTA, you can use one of the below methods to update your firmware manually. You can also fix your firmware when you can access your mobile in live condition.
You should perform these steps before starting the process.
Run a backup
You must always run a comprehensive backup of all files, documents, and data on the Android device. While the action may be done, all data on the Mobile will be lost if there be any mistakes.
So, to be on the safe side, do run a backup first before continuing.
Charge the device fully
Many people will say you should charge the device up to 50% battery percentage or more. We recommend a full charge mobile so that there won’t be any stories.
Download ADB drivers and ROM
- Yeah, ADB is essential when you prefer to sideload method. You must download and install the ADB drivers on the PC, which you’ll use for this action.
- Download the ADB drivers. Install it on your PC.
- Download Nokia 3.2 Android 10 Stock ROM. Rename this file to the firmware.zip.
- Copy the above firmware file to mobile storage when you want to use the stock recovery method. Copy the file to ADB Folder when you ant to use the sideload method.
Flash Firmware Android 10 in Nokia 3.2 Plus devices
Official OTA Method
Suppose you want to update a security patch to the current month. Don’t go for the manual method. Try this Automatic method.
The process is straightforward and simple;
Go to your device setting menu and scroll down to the bottom.
Tap on “Software Update”
You may have to refresh the page to start the OTA upgrade process.
Manual Method- Stock Recovery
This method requires PC support; You can also use this method to use Stock ROM If you are using Custom ROMs.
- Copy your downloaded firmware to PC and rename it to firmware.zip. Copy those files to the folder where you installed ADB and Fastboot.
- Switch off your device. Then, enter into the Stock Recovery mode. To do this- Press and hold down the Volume Up + Power buttons at the same time for some time.
Press the Volume Up button to continue when you see the warning message.
Now, connect the Nokia 3.2 mobile to the computer via USB cable.
- In Your Mobile stock recovery, select “Apply Update from ADB.”
- Choose the downloaded .zip file from the storage.
- Wait for the process to complete. After the successful process, Restart your mobile.
Using ADB and Fastboot method
Launch the fastboot on your computer. Open a Command prompt on your PC and type the below command.
- fastboot devices
- It should display the connected devices. If you didn’t get the Mobile, restart the command prompt and Disconnect and Connect your mobile. If you are detected, type the below commands.
- adb sideload firmware.zip
- The command will install all the files. When the process complete, It will reboot your mobile.
Since you have just flashed new firmware to your Nokia 3.2 device, you may want to check if the firmware is correctly installed or not. Follow the step below to check your device firmware version.
You can check the firmware details >>> settings >>> about >>> version.
Nokia 3.2 Android 10 Features
There are plenty of features added in the 10 version, compare with the Pie version. Here I mentioned some important features.
You know this already, If you turn on Subtitles on Youtube, It will auto-generate the captions. The Same functionality can be work on all over your device videos. It Doesn’t require Wi-Fi/ Data. This feature not yet available. But, It will be rolling out soon.
The language limit depends on Google Data.
It is already available in the Pie version. But it is limited. Now you can explore more actions when you get the messages. You can Open Links, Open Apps based on the messages.
We always do this using Third-party apps. Now we can adjust the Volume and Tune, Equalize using the in-built feature. You can do a lot of things like Reduce noise, Enhance the Tune like that.
Enhanced Gesture Navigation
The True Gesture Navigation has finally arrived. It may not be best compare with OnePlus devices, But It is way better than the Pie 9.0 version. If you swipe From Left to Right, It goes forward. Right to Left goes Backward. Home button work as usual. You can access recently used apps By Swiping Quarter Screen to the Top. Simple Navigation to avoid confusion.
It is not like Night Mode. It didn’t add a filter in the Display. If you have OLED Display, It will surely save your battery power from 5-30% based on your usage.
Google always added enhanced Privacy features in every Android version. In the 10th version, You can handle your Privacy a lot better. It will always tell you when your installed apps access your location in the background to manage whether you need that permission on Always or During the app usage.
Direct System Updates
Unlike regular OTA updates from your Manufacturers, the frequent patch updates will be handled by Google After you updated to the Android 10 version. The Update will utilize the Google Play App. If you have Custom Skin OS from your Manufacturer, Google will not change the UI. They will handle only Patch updates. The direct Security patch update is one of the most critical steps taken from their side. It will help all the users who are tired of their Manufacturer’s Late updates.
It can be an additional function of Digital Wellbeing. Now you can Pause some apps to avoid the Notifications For a short time or a Long time. Some mobiles are made based on this scenario. To avoid distractions and get focused on what you are doing. Think you are Studying, and a Single Whatsapp message can redirect you. With the help of this feature, you can use only Study apps during your Study time.
It is like Parental Control. You can control the App Timings within your Added Google Accounts.
Other improvements and changes
- HEIF Image, Monochrome Camera Support.
- New Set of Emoji.
- Enhanced Adaptive Battery Improvements compare with the Pie version.
- Contaminant Detection- If any moistures are in your USB Ports, your mobile will alert you.
If you are in Stock firmware, Use the ADB based method. It is comfortable and safe; You can update it like a Regular OTA Update. But if you were already using Rooted devices, You can try TWRP based Methods. Don’t download any third-party apps; sometimes, it may trigger the updates process. There are a lot of new Gestures available in this Update; try them also. In my opinion, Nokia 3.2 Plus Android 10 near Stock Android is better than some other Custom Skin OS. So try to use this OS instead of a Custom OS. But the decision is your choice…:)