OnePlus 6 comes with great Custom OS by the manufacturer in the market. Yes, Oxygen OS. Compare with Stock ROM; there are plenty of useful features added in the Oxygen OS. One of the function- Enhanced Gestures. But, If you are a techie and loves to explore new things, or you already love Lineage OS, Official Lineage OS 16.0 for your OnePlus 6 is available. As you already know, the term Official gives a lot of hope. Official means, First of all, It is free from basic bugs like Camera not working, Mobile Network not working like that. It will also receive regular patch updates. So, Compare with some unofficial Custom ROM, It is better. But, Compare with Custom OS, Oxygen OS is better. It is purely your choice. We made a complete tutorial on Installing lineage OS from start to end.
Why should you flash Official Lineage OS 16.0 on OnePlus 6?
We are thanks for the Hard work of Lineage OS team. Without this team, this method is not possible. Your mobile has a minimum of 6 GB of RAM. It is more than enough for normal usage and heavy usage too. OnePlus is releasing Security Patch updates and Major Upgrades regularly. It has a Flagship level Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 processor. Coming to OS, Oxygen OS is better in custom OS. But, If you are a one who can’t satisfy with the Oxygen OS, you can use this official Lineage OS. It is near the Stock Android with a lot of features.
If we optimize correctly with correct Lineage OS after rooting, we can see some Improvements. So, after rooting, I can expect Lag free experience? Probably. Also, if we hibernate and eliminate a lot of unwanted apps and optimize some apps, your device is hardware limited. But, within these limits, we can enhance the performance by 20-40% compared with your old usage. If you use Lineage Custom ROMs, you can expect a 50-80% improvement in performance. If you have 8 GB RAM variant, you may not notice performance Improvement, due to you already have enough Performance.
How to Install OnePlus 6 Lineage OS 16.0 Android Pie 9.0 Official ROM
OnePlus 6 comes with a flexible bootloader other than Verizon devices. Verizon devices come with locked Bootloader. This means that different smartphone variants can be easily rooted. Also, the device can accept to install TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery file/app alike.
TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file which must be installed on your devices because you can root them successfully. In this article, we explained the easiest method to follow and install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 6. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the latest version of Lineage OS into your OnePlus 6. Before sharing the tutorial, you may want to know that, with the TWRP recovery present on your device, you can easily install any custom ROM or firmware. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything will be explained succinctly in bullets. If you didn’t root your mobile, Refer- Root OnePlus 6.
Things to check out for;
Check your device model number.
- Should have TWRP installed in your mobile.
Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
Backup your current files and data, just in case (save them on external storage using TWRP Backup).
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock in your mobile. To do this; go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in OnePlus 6.
Download OnePlus 6 Lineage ROM 16.0 and copy it in your Mobile SD Card.
Flash Lineage OS using TWRP
- Switch off your device. Then, enter into Recovery mode. To do this; press and hold down the Volume Up+ Power buttons at the same time for some time.
Press the Volume Up button to continue when you see the warning message.
- Now it Will Boot into TWRP Recovery Mode. You can take full backup using TWRP If you need any data that you can use in the future.
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache, Dalvik, System Data. System Data will delete all files including your Current OS.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select Lineage OS.Zip.
- After the Installation Reboot Your Mobile.
- We have successfully Installed Lineage OS in our mobile.
Install Gapps For OnePlus 6
Google Apps Called Gapps. That are Pre-Installed on All Android Mobiles. Google apps are Gmail, Google Maps, Play Store, YouTube, Google+, Search, Google Docs, Google Music, etc. These Gapps are not Pre-Installed With Custom ROMs Like CyanogenMod and others, Due to Some License Problems. All the Gapps Applications are the Property of Google. There is no Re-modification in the Gapps.
- Install CPU Hardware app in your mobile. Go to CPU and Note down your Architecture. It is essential to select the correct Gapps for your mobile.
- Download Gapps For OnePlus 6 Lineage Oreo Official ROM 16.0 Pie version and Copy it into your Internal Memory. If you are confused with the Packages, you can refer Official Gapps Package comparison.
- Switch Off Your Mobile. Boot it Into recovery mode->Volume Up+Power Button.
- Now it Will Boot into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache Data.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install. Select Gapps.Zip.
- After the Installation Reboot Your Mobile.
Lineage OS 16.0 Features
There are a lot of features added in Lineage OS 16.0. Here I mentioned some Important features.
- Android Pie 9.0 Stock Android ROM with System-Wide Color options available. Dark, Grey themes are also available.
- We have optimized Recent apps Switcher.
- Volume Rocker contains Silent/Vibrate/Mute Options with Easy adjustable navigation.
- Notification enhanced. Instead of replying to a single message, now you can reply to the whole conversation.
- Lock Screen Visualizer for music.
- New Set of Emoji.
- Notification light can be configured with a lot of colors.
- Reading mode is configured with greyscale. You can select this option from Quick settings.
- Full device encryption supported.
- Adaptive Battery- Better Battery optimization.
- Digital Wellbeing- Optimize your time with Social Network interaction.
OnePlus 6 is a flagship level Mobile; We can expect Some Improvement. But, If you use Lineage Custom Roms, you can expect a considerable performance Improvement and Clear UI. So, If you have little knowledge in rooting, flash and Don’t like Oxygen OS, you can flash Lineage Custom ROM. If you flash other Custom ROM, check what is working and what is not working. It is wise to use Some Official Custom ROMs like Lineage.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate and Certified Android Developer, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.