When you get the latest version of the Android means, your mobile will get enhanced performance and UI. It depends on the Manufacturer. Compare with other manufacturers; Realme is excellent at maintaining regular security patch updates and Major Upgrades. In this update list, Realme 3 received Color OS 6 based on Pie 9.0 version. If you are a regular user, try with usual Software update option or Stock Recovery method. When you are a TWRP user, you should follow separate TWRP process. You can’t update your mobile using the usual way. It will remove root access from your mobile. Pie 9.0 OS is better and excellent in performance compare with Old Color OS 5.2.1 that is based on the Oreo version.
Pie 9.0 Firmware Flash- Realme 3
Official OTA Method
If you’re going to update a security patch to the current month. Don’t go for the manual method. Try this Automatic method.
The process is straightforward and straightforward;
Go to your device setting menu and scroll down to the bottom
Tap on “Software Update”
You may have to refresh the page to start the OTA upgrade process.
Manual Method (RMX1821)
- Check Your Device Mobile No. If you flash Different model number, you will lose some features based on your region.
- Battery Percentage Above 50.
- Backup Your Device.
- Download Oppo Realme 3 Pie 9.0 firmware and Copy it in your mobile Root Internal storage.
- Don’t put the file in the folder.
- Go to File Manager, Select downloaded firmware. It will ask for the update process, Select “Update Now.”
Stock Recovery Method
- Download firmware from above link and copy it in your mobile.
- Switch off your device. Then, enter into Recovery mode. To do this; press and hold down the Volume Down+ Power buttons at the same time for some time.
Press the Volume Down button to continue when you see the warning message.
- Select “Install from the storage device.” select the storage where you downloaded your firmware file.
- Wait for the process to complete. Don’t interrupt your mobile during the process.
TWRP Recovery Method
This method is for those who want to return to Stock firmware If you are using Custom ROM. Full TWRP Backup on External storage is necessary. You will lose All Data.
- Download firmware from above link and Copy it in your External mobile storage. Don’t copy it in your Internal Storage. We are going to Wipe the entire mobile Internal memory.
- Switch off your device. Then, enter into TWRP Recovery mode. To do this; press and hold down the Volume Down+ Power buttons at the same time for some time.
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select System, Dalvik Cache Data. (Will Wipe all Data Including user Data)
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select firmware.ozip.
- After the Installation Reboot Your Mobile.
- You can Check the Firmware Details->Settings->About->Version.
Oppo Realme Color OS 6.0 Pie 9.0 Features
- Upgrade system from Android Oreo to Pie 9.0 Update. There are a lot of features added in Pie. Here I mentioned some Important features.
- We have optimized Recent apps Switcher.
- Volume Rocker contains Silent/Vibrate/Mute Options with Easy adjustable navigation.
- Notification enhanced. Instead of replying to a single message, now you can reply to the whole conversation.
- Lock Screen Visualizer for music.
- New Set of Emoji.
- Adaptive Battery- This feature gives you Better Battery optimization.
- Improved Gesture navigation compared with the Oreo version and most of the features available in Pixel devices.
Oppo Exclusive Features
- Notification icons in status bar Added
- Lock Screen Magazine feature
- A new navigation gesture
- App drawer to ColorOS launcher
- Riding Mode
- Live Wallpaper Feature
- Notification panel UI Enhanced
- AI Board Feature enhancement
- Default theme updated
- Chroma Boost Mode
- HAL3 support. You should enable this option in Developer Mode. You can enable Developer options by Tapping 7-10 times in your software version.
- Realme Theme Store
- Realme App Market (certain regions)
- Added realme Game Center (certain areas)
- Realme community app (certain areas)
If you are in Stock firmware, Use Internal Memory method. It is comfortable and safe; You can update like a Regular OTA Update. If you moved to a different region other than your purchased area, you could try with VPN to get the update. But if you were already using Custom OS or Rooted devices, You can try TWRP Method. Don’t download any third-party apps; sometimes, it may trigger the updates process. In my opinion, Color OS is better to compare with some other Custom Skin OS like MIUI. So try to use this OS instead of a Custom OS. But the decision is your choice…:)
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.