Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 comes with Marshmallow version. Oreo version is the latest update for your device. If you compare with other Manufacturers, Samsung has a habit of releasing Two Upgrades for Mid-Range mobiles. As usual, you can update using Software update option in settings. If you can’t make that, you can use Samsung SmartSwitch. When the above two methods didn’t work, you can try this manual method. Bricked mobiles can be repaired using this method. This method is not like update.zip. You can flash any firmware, But, It should be based on your model number. If you flash other region firmware to get additional features, you should contact your Mobile Operator and adjust the settings.
Oreo 8.0 Firmware Flash- Samsung Galaxy A7 2017
Official OTA Method
If you want to update a security patch to the current month. Don’t go for manual method. Before that method, try this OTA Method.
The process is simple and straightforward;
Go to your device setting menu and scroll down to the bottom
Tap on “Software Update”
You may have to refresh the page to start the OTA upgrade process.
Manual Method ( SM-A720F )
- Check Your Device Mobile No. If you flash Different model number, you will lose some features based on your region.
- Battery Percentage Above 50.
- Backup Your Device.
Using ODIN Method
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock; you’ll find these options at Settings >>> Developer options. If you can’t find the developer options on your settings menu, then go to about >>> build number. Click on the “Build Number” row for about ten times regularly to activate “Developer Option” on your device.
- Download Samsung USB driver and install it in your PC.
- We are using third party software flashing. Download ODIN and install this also in your PC. In ODIN version, select Oreo supporting version ODIN.
- Download Firmware For Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 Official Firmware. Select recent firmware. When selecting firmware, refer- How to choose correct firmware.
- If the above mirror not working, try the secondary mirror.
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+ Home+ Power Buttons. Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable, After Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After entering into Download Mode, it will say Warning Press Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you did not get this message Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button then Browse for the Firmware file selects it. Tick the Auto-Reboot.
- Press Start wait for the tasks to complete. It will automatically reboot after the process ends.
- You can Check the Firmware Details->Settings->About->Version.
Samsung Galaxy Oreo 8.1 Experience 9.5 Features
This firmware update updates your mobile to Samsung Experience 9.5 with a lot of upgrade features compared with Samsung Experience 9.0.
- Bixby is like Google Assistant. Yes, Google assistant is best, But Bixby is Better in Samsung devices and can do a lot of things that GA Can’t do.
- Bixby 2.0 added.
- The conversation looks more natural like Google Assistant.
- Individual Feed recommendations
- Faster response time compared with Bixby Older version.
- Uber hail support added.
- You can use a separate messaging account and use simultaneously.
- Search results from all in-Built apps and New results are added from Galaxy Apps and Google Play
- Whole new, Redesigned Icons and Shortcuts.
- Now you can manage notifications based on their categories.
- You can easily sync your photos and files with Samsung cloud. (In-Built)
SmartThings (formerly Samsung Connect)
- Control your Samsung Devices with Bixby or using this app.
- Improved settings and GIF Emoji Added. Emoji 11.0 Added.
- Find My Mobile improved with Custom Maps.
Selecting correct firmware is the Major step in this process. Based on your country or region choose the firmware. It is a Manual ODIN process; You can flash the latest version. But if you use sideload method, you should flash the next version of your mobile firmware, or else the process may brick your device. There are plenty of features added. Don’t install third-party apps, other than Play Store. It may affect your mobile performance. If you can’t find your region, you can flash the near region firmware. But, It should be within the same model number. After the flash, you can contact your Mobile Operator and configure your Network settings.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate and Certified Android Developer, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.