The Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and Classic boast an IP68 certification, marking their resilience against water, surviving depths of up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes. This rating often sparks the question: “Can I shower or swim with it?” While the IP68 label suggests water resistance, caution remains paramount. Although these watches can withstand splashes, showers, or even brief submersion, certain activities like hot showers or saunas can compromise the seals, potentially damaging water. Moreover, high-velocity water activities like diving or water skiing surpass the recommended usage, risking harm to the device. Always adhere to manufacturer guidelines, ensuring your Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 or Classic remains functional and safeguarded during water-related activities.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4/Classic Dust and Water Resistance
The latest addition to the smartphone market, Samsung Galaxy Watch 4/Classic, boasts IP68 dust and water-resistant technology that can endure being submerged in freshwater for up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes. The device is also armored with an aluminum frame with severe drop and scratch resistance. But can you shower or swim with your Samsung Galaxy Watch 4/Classic? Let’s explore.
Maintaining Water and Dust Resistance of Your Device
Before we address the question, let’s talk about how to preserve the water and dust resistance of your Samsung Galaxy Watch 4/Classic. To prevent harm to your device, consider the following precautions:
- Do not submerge the device in liquid other than freshwater, such as salt water, ionized water, or alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid exposing the device to vigorously flowing water.
- After exposure to fresh water, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
- If the device has been submerged in water or the microphone or speaker is damp, dry it thoroughly with a dry cloth before using it.
- If the device is used in water, the touchscreen and other functions may not operate correctly.
- Water and dust-resistant capabilities may be compromised if the device is dropped or experiences an impact.
Can I Shower with a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4/Classic?
Now, the million-dollar question: Can I Shower with a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4/Classic? While the device is water-resistant, it is not advisable to shower with it. Here’s why:
- Shampoo, soap, and other personal care products may seep into and damage the device.
- High water pressure can cause the water-resistant seals to fail, exposing your phone to water damage.
- Using the touchscreen with wet fingers may lead to erratic responses.
Can I Swim with Samsung Galaxy Watch 4/Classic?
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4/Classic is water-resistant, which makes it suitable for use around water, such as by the pool or at the beach. However, it would be best if you did not swim with the device for the following reasons:
- Swimming exposes your phone to water moving with force, which can compromise the water-resistant seals.
- The chlorine or salt in the water can corrode the phone’s exterior or penetrate the internal components.
- Water damage resulting from extended exposure may not be covered under your warranty.
What is the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4/Classic water resistance rating?
The IP68 rating of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4/Classic denotes its ability to withstand freshwater immersion for up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes.
How long does the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4/Classic remain water-resistant?
The device remains water-resistant for as long as the seals are intact. If the device is impacted or dropped, the seals may be compromised, resulting in water damage.
In conclusion, Samsung Galaxy Watch 4/Classic is a water-resistant device that can withstand exposure to fresh water for up to 30 minutes. However, it is not advisable to shower or swim with the device, as this may compromise the water-resistant seals and result in water damage. Make sure to adhere to the abovementioned precautions to preserve your device’s water and dust resistance. Even though your mobile has resistance, We can add extra protection to increase the chance. But in my opinion, Put a waterproof case or Always put a zip lock cover behind the mobile. Therefore, place the zip lock cover on your mobile device whenever you are exposed to water for an extended period.
Selva Ganesh is the Chief Editor of this Blog. He is a Computer Science Engineer, An experienced Android Developer, Professional Blogger with 8+ years in the field. He completed courses about Google News Initiative. He runs Android Infotech which offers Problem Solving Articles around the globe.