While other mobile companies don’t focus much on Tablets since they think there is no use in spending vast amounts for a low user base. But on the other hand, Samsung attracts various users through its many Tablet lineups. Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 is a flagship tablet released in three variants. The Ultra variant is a beast with high-end specs. It can even replace your laptop in some rare situations. Since Samsung has Wireless Dex, Tablets can be helpful to Business People. Since Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra is a powerful device, You don’t need to root your mobile when you are a regular user. Compared with mobiles, Tablets UI is complicated; You should not play with the Root level access. But when you are a Developer or regular Root apps user, you can Root your Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra Android 12 using the below method.
Since we are using Magisk in this method, We can’t install custom ROMs. But you can use most of the Root apps and Magisk Modules. After rooting, you will lose official updates. You have to update your mobile manually. So, Before proceeding with the process, you should know why you need to do it. If you are a regular user, you can try some alternatives for your purpose that don’t require root. When you are a regular root apps user and Developer, you can follow the below guide to achieve root on your mobile.
Should you need to Root your Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G SM-X900/B/C/N Android 12 version?
It would be best if you had a strong reason for rooting. Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G already got One UI 4.1 based on Android 12 and is already optimized. You have More than Enough 8-16 GB of RAM to use daily apps without lag for years. I know; that RAM may look insufficient because of Samsung’s Heavily customized OS. But, Trust me, One UI is far better than other Custom Skin OS. You can use this device without lag for years until Samsung mess with some Bloatware. Beyond that, no-go reasons; if you are addicted to some root apps or frequently using some Custom OS, you can proceed further. But if you want to root because everybody is doing it, I advise you, don’t root If you don’t have any experience. For regular users, It can become a Nightmare.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G SM-X900/B/C/N Android 12 One UI 4.1?
First, thanks to the Developer- Meiker, for the Root method. topjohnwu – this genius is the one who discovered and maintained Magisk. Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G International variants have a flexible bootloader. It means that We can easily root the smartphone. The device can also accept installing TWRP recovery or any custom recovery file/app. Don’t try with Snapdragon US Variants like Verizon devices. They come with a locked Bootloader.
But In the below method, we will root this device using Magisk. You can install Official TWRP using the official app when it is released. However, TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file we must install on your devices because you can root them successfully. This article explains the easiest method to follow and install Magisk on Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
You can flash TWRP once it is available. With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the Custom ROMs into your Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G. Before sharing the tutorial, you may want to know that you can easily install any root apps with the Magisk on your device. Does it seem complicated? Relax; We will explain everything succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
Check your device model number.
- You should back up your current files and data- Full Data Loss Process (save them on external storage).
- Install Latest Magisk Manager.
Make sure your device battery is above 50%
- You cannot use Samsung Pay, Secured folder, or some official Samsung apps.
- You can’t update your firmware; to get new firmware, you must follow the below steps with the latest firmware.
- Read the full tutorial before the process.
1. Unlock Bootloader
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To do this, go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G.
- Switch off your device. Enter into Download Mode-> Volume Down Button and Connect your mobile with your PC using a USB Cable. When the Download mode warning screen Appears, Press the Volume Up button to unlock the Bootloader.
- The above process will wipe your user data. After setup your device, Please recheck the OEM Unlock in the settings. Sometimes It Will Lock Again.
2. Preparing Patched Boot Image file
Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system.
Also, download the ODIN software. Select the above Oreo version in the ODIN list. Then, install ODIN on your PC.
- Download Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G Android 12 Firmware and save it on your PC. Your Current OS and download version AP and CSC should be the Same.
- You can use Phone Info to know your firmware version.
- Download 7Zip-ZS and LZ4, and Install both on your PC. Extract the files in downloaded firmware using 7Zip-ZS. You will get four files. Click on the AP File and Extract again. You will get some data along with the boot.img.lz4 and Vbmeta.img.lz4.
- Copy the boot.img.lz4 and Vbmeta.img.lz4 to LZ4 Installed folder. Convert the lz4 file to a .img file by dragging the .img file to the lz4 application file. You have to drag the file to that application. The script will automatically convert the file to .img format. After the conversion, Copy the boot and Vbmeta — img file to your mobile.
- Download Magisk Manager (Download the latest version) or Magisk canary and Install it on your mobile. Open Installed Magisk and Select Install in Magisk; it will ask For the zip file and Patch Boot Image File. Select the Boot Image file.
Navigate to your copied Boot Image File and patch the file.
- Wait for the process to complete; in the end, you will get a magisk patched .tar file. The .tar file will be in the same folder where you have the Stock firmware file. If you didn’t get the .tar and you got the .img file. No problem. Copy this file to your PC. We can convert the data there.
- When you get the .img file, Open the installed 7zip app. Navigate the magisk patched img file and select Add; choose .tar format and ok. Convert only boot—img file. After you get boot.tar, Drag the Vbmeta. img into boot.tar. Now we got ODIN flashable boot.tar file. In the .tar, there are two file-boot.img and Vbmeta.img.
3. Flash Patched Boot and Vbmeta Image.tar using ODIN
- Due to Samsung’s new security restrictions, we can’t flash TWRP with Stock Boot on your mobile. So, we have to flash a patched boot using ODIN.
- Unlock your screen lock. There should be no fingerprint, PIN Lock, or Wipe. Set No lock in the settings.
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+ Volume Up Buttons and Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable; after Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After entering into Download Mode, it will say Warning; press the Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you did not get this message, Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button, Browse for the patched Magisk .tar file selects it. You should choose and flash the other three non-patched firmware files along with this file. We have to flash only the magisk patched boot image file. Un-Tick the Auto-Reboot.
- Press Start and wait for the tasks to complete. After completing the process, Press the Volume Down+ Power button to exit Download mode. Immediately Press Volume Up+ Volume Down + Power buttons when the screen goes off to boot into Recovery mode.
- After entering Stock recovery mode, Go to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Select Yes to wipe data. It will erase your saved data on your device. Don’t Boot into OS; read below Boot stages before booting.
Boot into Rooted OS
- Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, and release all the keys once the Bootloader warning appears. Next, you have to set up your device like a new device. Then, you can select the root status using the Root Checker.
- Stock Recovery Boot – Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons and release keys while holding the Volume Up key.
- You will see Magisk Manager in your App drawer. You can install Magisk Manager on your mobile if you can’t find the app.
In my opinion, you don’t need to root your Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G Android 12. If you thought you could Improve Performance By root, your device could perform well with the Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor and 8-16 GB RAM. If you don’t know how much RAM you need, You will never use this much RAM. It would help if you did not Boot into Normal OS Booting by pressing the power button after firmware flash. It will boot you to a Non-Rooted environment.
When you accidentally urge and boot frequently, Don’t panic; after setup everything, switch off your device and boot into Rooted OS using above mentioned keys. You can optimize your battery without root if you root your device because of the battery drain issues. Beyond this, if your purpose is to Disable Bloatware apps, you can do that without using this method. If you have any suggestions or doubts, comment below.
Selva Ganesh is the Chief Editor of this Blog. He is a Computer Science Engineer, An experienced Android Developer, Professional Blogger with 8+ years in the field. He completed courses about Google News Initiative. He runs Android Infotech which offers Problem Solving Articles around the globe.
Leave a Reply