Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual users can now upgrade their device to Android 10 with the new MIUI 12.5 ROM. This update significantly improved over the previous Pie 9.0 version and brought several new features and enhancements. The MIUI 12.5 ROM is the official version released by Xiaomi, and it provides a stable and reliable experience for users who prefer to stick with the official version. However, you can also use custom ROMs to explore the latest versions and customizations. This article will examine the Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual Android 10 MIUI 12.5 ROM and how to download and install it on your device.
If the Internal way does not work, try the Xiaomi Flash Tool process. Most of the time, it gives you a high success rate. You can use the Xiaomi Flash Tool method when accidentally bricking your mobile. You can use this method to Remove root access from your mobile and bring back Stock Recovery. There are a lot of features like Adaptive Brightness, Adaptive Battery, and many UI enhancements.
Table of Contents
Xiaomi Redmi 8A dual MIUI 12.5 Android 10 ROM Firmware Flash (olivewood)
Official OTA Method
Don’t use the manual method if you update a security patch to the current month. Try this Automatic method.
The process is straightforward;
Go to your device setting menu and scroll down to the bottom.
Tap on “Software Update”
You may have to refresh the page to start the OTA upgrade process.
Xiaomi Redmi 8A dual MIUI 12.5 Android 10 ROM Flash Manual Method (International Variants)
- Check Your Device Mobile No. If you flash a Different model number, you will lose some features based on your region.
- Battery Percentage Above 50.
- Backup Your Device.
Using the Internal Memory Method
This method doesn’t require PC support, download, and installs within your mobile. It will work only with Stock firmware installed on your mobile. If you are already using Custom OS, move to the following method.
- Copy the downloaded firmware to your mobile and copy it to your Internal Root Memory. Copy>> Internal memory. Please don’t put it in any folder or change the file’s name.
- Now Go to settings >> About Phone >> System Update.
- Select the three-dot icon and select the “Choose update package.”
Select the firmware file from your file and select it and update it.
The file will automatically install once the decryption process is over.
Your mobile will reboot automatically and do the update process. Instead of downloading from the Server, this update process will update your Internal memory.
Stock Recovery Method
- Download firmware from the above link and copy it on your mobile.
- Switch off your device. Then, enter into Recovery mode. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up+ Power buttons simultaneously for some time.
Press the Volume Down button to continue when you see the warning message.
- Select “Install update.zip to the system.” select the storage where you downloaded your firmware file.
- Wait for the process to complete. Don’t interrupt your mobile during the process.
Xiaomi Redmi 8A dual MIUI 12.5 Android 10- Xiaomi Flash Tool Method
We can use this method to flash firmware if you use Custom ROM or a rooted device. It would be best if you had a PC for this process. Your bootloader is unlocked if you are rooted or have Custom OS. But if you relocked your bootloader, you should unlock the bootloader. After unlocking, Follow the below steps one by one carefully.
Unlock Xiaomi Redmi 8A dual Bootloader using ADB and Fastboot
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To do this, go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode, OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in Xiaomi Redmi 8A dual.
Also, download the ADB drivers. Install it on your PC.
- Go to the official Mi Bootloader Unlock website and log in with your Mi Account.
- Enter your Mobile details like phone number, IMEI, and reason. You will get the confirmation code on your mobile. Enter the confirmation code on the Mi website and request for unlocking. You will receive a confirmation mail after the approval in 2-10 Days.
Install the Mi Flash Tool in the received mail. Log in with your Same Mi Account, which is used to get the software.
- Switch off your device. Connect your mobile to the PC. Then, enter Fastboot mode. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously for some time. It will boot your mobile into Fastboot mode.
After you successfully boot into Fastboot mode, Select Unlock. It will take 2-3 minutes to finish the process. After the successful process completion, Reboot your mobile.
Check again to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode, OEM Unlock. Sometimes they disabled themselves after the boot.
Flash Xiaomi Redmi 8A dual Android 10 Firmware using Xiaomi Flash Tool
- Download the Xiaomi Flash tool.
- Extract the files from the Zip.
- After the extraction, Right-click on your PC’s “XiaoMiFlash” software and choose “Run as Administrator.”
- We use Administrator Because the USB driver should have General access to access everywhere without folder restrictions. You may know these issues if you have already installed the ADB drivers.
- Navigate to “Driver” and Install all the necessary Driver files.
- Download the necessary firmware for your mobile and copy it to your PC.
- Switch off your device. Then, enter Fastboot mode. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously for some time.
Press the Volume Up button to continue when you see the warning message.
Connect the Xiaomi Redmi 8A dual mobile to the USB cable computer.
- Select “Refresh” in the app to get the device ID in the list.
- When you don’t get the device, Repeat the above steps.
- After getting your mobile ID, Choose firmware using the “select” tab.
- Choose “save user data” in the bottom dot options.
- Now select “Flash.” The software will flash the firmware to your mobile.
- You will get the “Success” message once the flash firmware is done.
- After completing the process, press the Volume Up+ Power button to exit Fastboot mode.
- You can Check the Firmware Details->Settings->About->Version.
Xiaomi Redmi 8A dual MIUI 12.5 Android 10 Features
Many features are added in the Android 10-based MIUI 12.5 version compared with the MIUI 11 version. MIUI 12.5 comes with both exclusive Xiaomi and Android 10 general features. Here I mentioned some important features.
MIUI 12.5 Features
Here I will mention only features not available in other mobile manufacturers’ Android 10 versions, exclusive to Xiaomi mobiles.
Improved Privacy features
From Android 10, every mobile manufacturer takes privacy as a serious concern. But MIUI 12.5 is more accessible, and you have complete control over system apps. Xiaomi also has security features.
It is an Airdrop alternative from Xiaomi. You can send the files to Xiaomi, Oppo, Vico, and Realme phones. The list will increase to other manufacturers in the future.
File Manager Memories
File Manager can now show Memories like Google Photos. It can produce random reminder-based videos or slideshows based on your photos and video date.
Ambient Display Customization
The ambient display views necessary notifications and time while saving battery power. Because of this, most mobiles stick with minimal setup. While preserving the power in MIUI, you can customize the display.
File Manager Improvement
With the new File Manager, you don’t need third-party apps to open document files. It can spread most PDF, Word, and other documents without additional apps.
Tasks Tab in Notes
Now you can add tasks in your Notes app. You can use Notes for simple reminders and shopping lists. We can use functions before travel preparations; they may not have features like Google Keep and Tasks. But We can use native apps for minimal tasks.
Disable All Sensors
Putting your mobile into Flight mode will disable the Network antenna and other sensors. But It will not disable all sensors. In rare situations, you may need to disable all your mobile Sensors. Using this new MIUI feature, you can do the process. Even if it may not help most users, the part is there.
You know this already; if you turn on Subtitles on Youtube, It will auto-generate the captions. It Doesn’t require Wi-Fi/ Data. We can work on the Same functionality all over your device videos. This feature is not yet available. But, It will be rolling out soon.
The language limit depends on Google Data.
It is already available in the Pie version. But it is limited. Now you can explore more actions when you get the messages. You can Open Links Open Apps based on the Messages.
Now we can adjust the Volume Tune and Equalize using the in-built feature. You can do many things like Reduce noise, Enhance the Tune. We always do this using Third-party apps.
Enhanced Gesture Navigation
The True Gesture Navigation has finally arrived. It may not be best compared with OnePlus devices, But It is way better than the Pie 9.0 version. If you swipe From Left to Right, It goes forward. Right to Left goes Backward home button work as usual. You can access recently used apps By Swiping Quarter Screen to the Top. Simple Navigation to avoid confusion.
It is not like Night Mode. It didn’t add a filter on display. If you have an OLED Display, It will save your battery power from 5-30% based on your usage.
Google always added enhanced Privacy features in every Android version. In the 10th version, You can handle your privacy a lot better. It will always tell you when your installed apps access your location in the background to manage whether you need that permission on Always or During the app usage.
Direct System Updates
Unlike regular OTA updates from your Manufacturers, Google will handle the frequent patch updates after you update to the Android 10 version. The update will utilize the Google Play App. If you have Custom Skin OS from your Manufacturer, Google will not change the UI. They will handle only Patch updates. The direct Security patch update is one of the most critical steps taken from their side. It will help all users tired of their manufacturer’s Late updates.
It can be an additional function of Digital well-being. Now you can Pause some apps to avoid Notifications For a short time or a Long time. Some mobiles are made based on this scenario. To avoid distractions and get focused on what you are doing. Think you are Studying, and a Single Whatsapp message can redirect you. With the help of this feature, you can use only Study apps during your Study time.
It is like Parental Control. You can control the App Timings within your Added Google Accounts.
Other improvements and changes
- HEIF Image, Monochrome Camera Support.
- New Set of Emoji.
- Enhanced Adaptive Battery Improvements compared with the Pie version.
- Contaminant Detection- Your mobile will alert you if any moistures are in your USB Ports.
- Attentive Display- If you look at your mobile, It will always wake up.
- You can use three-finger gestures to take a screenshot.
Use the Internal memory or Stock recovery-based method in Stock firmware. It is comfortable and safe; You can update it like a Regular OTA Update. But if you were already using Rooted devices, You can try TWRP based method. Don’t download third-party apps; sometimes, it may trigger the updates process. There are a lot of new Gestures available in this update; try them also. In my opinion, When you hate MIUI, You can try to root your Xiaomi Redmi 8A dual and install custom ROMs. They are better compared with some other Custom Skin OS. But the new MIUI is better. So try to use this OS instead of a Custom OS. But the decision is your choice…:)
Arun Karthick is a highly skilled and versatile individual with a computer science background. He completed his undergraduate degree in this field and has since worked as an Android developer. Arun is known for his expertise in break dance and is highly regarded in this field. In addition to his dancing abilities, Arun is also a mobile hardware-level technician, making him well-rounded. He is known for his intelligence and is considered an intelligent individual in his professional and personal life.