Motorola E5 comes with the Oreo version, and It is near Stock Android. There are a lot of features added compared with the Nougat version. Moto released three devices in this series based on different user needs. Battery Size, Display, and RAM can vary based on the models. In some situations, you may be accidentally bricked your mobile when making root; In those situations, you can Unbrick your mobile by Flashing Stock firmware using Fastboot. Unlock Bootloader may take time. Backup is necessary if you can access your mobile.
Oreo 8.0 Firmware Flash- Motorola E5/E5 Plus/E5 Play
Official OTA Method
If you’re going to update a security patch to the current month. Don’t go for the manual method. Try this Automatic method.
The process is straightforward and straightforward;
Go to your device setting menu and scroll down to the bottom
Tap on “Software Update”
You may have to refresh the page to start the OTA upgrade process.
Manual Method (XT1944, XT1920, XT1921, XT1924)
- Check Your Device Mobile No. If you flash Different model number, you will lose some features based on your region.
- Battery Percentage Above 50.
- Backup Your Device.
RSD Lite Method
Unlock Bootloader using ADB and Fastboot
Following RSD Lite Method required Unlocked Bootloader. Follow the below steps to unlock Bootloader.
- Switch off your device. Then, enter into Fastboot mode. To do this- Press and hold down the Volume Up + Power buttons at the same time for some time.
Press the Volume Up button to continue when you see the warning message.
Now, connect the Moto E5/E5 Plus/E5 Play mobile to the computer via USB cable.
Launch the fastboot on your computer. Open a Command prompt on your PC and type below command.
- fastboot devices
- It should display the connected devices. If you didn’t get the device, restart the command prompt and Disconnect and Connect your Moto E5/E5 Plus/E5 Play. If you are detected type below commands.
- fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- Hit enter, you will get some unlock data. Copy those codes and remove <bootloader> Prefix from those lines and copy them into one single line.
- Go to Official Moto Unlock Page. Log in with your moto account and in the Box, Paste those codes and Check the unlock Bootloader Status. If you get, Yes you can unlock, You can request unlock Key from Moto.
After the process complete, you will get 20 Digit to unlock key in your email. Now type the following command to unlock bootloader in your device.
- fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE CODE
You should type this code two times and Hit enter to unlock your device successfully. After the successful unlock your device will automatically reboot to the standard OS.
- Check again enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode, OEM Unlock and Enable the “Advanced Reboot.” Sometimes they disabled them self after the boot.
This method can be used to flash firmware if you are using Custom ROM or a rooted device like that. You need a PC for this process. If you already rooted or have Custom OS, your bootloader is unlocked. But if you relocked your bootloader, you should unlock the bootloader. After unlock, Follow steps one by one carefully.
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock; you’ll find these options at Settings >>> Developer options. If you didn’t see the developer options on your settings menu, then go to about >>> build number; click on the “Build Number” row for about ten times regularly to activate “Developer Option” on your device.
- Download Motorola USB driver and install it in your PC.
- We are using third party software flashing. Download RSD Lite and install this also in your PC.
- Download Firmware From below links, For Moto E5 Official Firmware.
- Connect Your Mobile With the PC Using USB Cable.
- Switch off Your Mobile and Enter into Fastboot Mode->Press and Hold Volume Down+ Power Button.
- Release all the keys when you enter into Fastboot mode.
- Now Launch RSD Lite Select Your Downloaded Firmware Using this “…” The symbol in the RSD Lite.
- It Will Asks For the Unzip Just Select Uncompress.
- Check With Your Mobile Details.
- Now go to Your Mobile Press Volume Down Key And Select AP Fastboot. Make Sure that USB Connected Message is Display(Transfer Mode: USB Connected).
- Now Select the Start in the RSD Lite Wait For the Process to Complete, Your Mobile Will Reboot After the Process Completion.
- You can Check the Firmware Details->Settings->About->Version.
Motorola Oreo 8.0 Features
- Upgrade system from Android Nougat to Oreo Update. There are a lot of features added in Oreo. Here I mentioned some Important features.
Picture in Picture
- Like Nougat’s Split screen features, Oreo brings Picture in Picture feature, Means you can view youtube video in a Minimized window, while you are working in Word Apps.
- Your stored Passwords can be filled in respective Apps and Website. It will work better than some password Managers. You can refer our complete guide on this- Free Native Password Manager.
- Like Gmail reminders, you can Snooze the notifications for Some time.
Smart Text Selection
- A lot of new features like Translate within Selection feature added.
Enhanced File Manager
- A lot of features added with simple navigation. Now you can view hidden files without third-party apps.
Finger Print Gestures
- You can get notification panel by Swiping Fingerprint scanner from Top to Bottom.
Customize Individual Apps Installation
- Compare with Unknown Sources; If you download apps from Individual applications like Google Chrome, You can restrict Installation like Third-Party Apps.
If you are in Stock firmware, Use Internal Memory method. It is comfortable and safe; You can update like a Regular OTA Update. But if you were already using Custom OS or Rooted devices, You can try RSD Lite Method. Don’t download any third party apps; sometimes, it may trigger the updates process. In my opinion, Moto near Stock Android is better to compare with some other Custom Skin OS. So try to use this OS instead of a Custom OS. But the decision is your choice…:)
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate and Certified Android Developer, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.