The official Worldwide launch of the OnePlus 11 and the OnePlus Pro Buds 2 will happen on February 7, 2022. Before that, The China region launched happened on February 4, 2023. Per their announcements, they found devices like the OnePlus 11 and Pro Buds 2. OnePlus Buds Pro 2 has many new features than the previous Buds Pro. OnePlus Buds Pro 2 launched with LHDC 5.0 and 36 Hours Playback. As per the launch, they improved significantly from the case and others.
Table of Contents
OnePlus Buds Pro 2
The OnePlus Buds Pro 2 is the latest iteration of the popular wireless earbuds from Chinese smartphone manufacturer, OnePlus. These earbuds are designed to offer a premium listening experience at an affordable price point, making them an attractive option for those who want high-quality audio without breaking the bank.
One of the standout features of the OnePlus Buds Pro 2 is its sleek and compact design. They have a low-profile, in-ear design that fits comfortably in the ear and allows for a secure fit. The earbuds are also sweat and water-resistant, making them ideal for use during workouts or in other high-moisture environments.
The Buds Pro 2 boasts an improved audio quality over its predecessor, with support for high-resolution audio codecs such as aptX and aptX HD. The earbuds also feature active noise cancellation (ANC), which uses external microphones to eliminate background noise and provide a more immersive listening experience. A transparency mode also allows users to hear their surroundings while listening to music.
OnePlus has also included several convenient features in the Buds Pro 2, such as automatic pairing and switch, which allows the earbuds to connect automatically to the user’s device when taken out of their case. The earbuds also support touch controls, allowing users to easily adjust volume, skip tracks, and activate voice assistants with a simple tap.
The OnePlus Buds Pro 2 boasts a low latency of 54ms and MelodyBoost Dual Drivers that provide enhanced audio quality. These drivers were co-created with Dynaudio, a leader in audio technology. The 11mm woofer focuses on producing deep, complete, and textured bass, while the 6mm tweeter offers a wide range of sound and clear vocals. In addition, the earbuds support Dolby Atmos for an immersive spatial audio experience.
LHDC (Low Latency and High Definition Audio Codec) is a proprietary audio codec developed by Huawei that aims to provide low latency and high-quality audio transmission over Bluetooth. It is designed to be used with wireless earbuds and headphones and is often used in gaming and other situations where low latency is essential. LHDC 5.0 is the latest version of this codec and promises to offer even lower latency and improved audio quality compared to previous versions. Some critical features of LHDC 5.0 include a transmission rate of up to 1Mbps, support for high-resolution audio, and a low latency of around 50ms.
Regarding battery life, the Buds Pro 2 offers up to 9 hours of standalone playback without active noise cancellation and up to 39 hours of total playback when using the charging case. The charging case also supports wireless charging for added convenience.
- The OnePlus Buds Pro 2 utilizes Bluetooth 5.3 technology to connect Android and iOS devices and supports Dolby Atmos spatial audio.
- These earbuds feature an 11mm dynamic driver and a 6mm planar diaphragm driver, with a speaker sensitivity of 108db ± 1.5dB @1kHz and a frequency response range of 10Hz ~ 40kHz.
- They have pressure-sensitive controls for volume, call control, and track changes, dual microphones for active noise cancellation, and triple microphones for call noise cancellation.
- The Buds Pro 2 also has binaural low-latency Bluetooth transmission and ultra-low latency of 54ms for gaming.
- They come with a default equalizer and three customized EQs – Bold, Serenade, and Bass – co-tuned with Dynaudio.
- The earbuds are water resistant, with an IP54 rating for the earphones and an IPX4 rating for the case.
- They also support dual connections. It can easily switch between various devices on ColorOS 11.0 and later phones and has a cervical spine health function for compatible devices.
- The earbuds weigh 4.9g each, and the case weighs 47.3g. The earbuds have a battery capacity of 520 mAh. It offers up to 9 hours (AAC) / 6 hours (AAC + ANC) / 5.5 hours (LHDC + ANC) of standalone music playback.
- The case has a battery capacity of 520mAh. It offers up to 39 hours (AAC) / 25 hours (with ANC) of battery life and supports Qi wireless charging.
- The Buds Pro 2 also has fast charging capabilities. With a 10-minute charge providing up to 7 hours (earphones + case) / 3 hours (standalone) of music playback.
Pricing and Availability
The OnePlus Buds Pro 2 are available in Obsidian Black and Arbor Green colors. It comes at 899 yuan (approximately US$130). These earbuds are now available for pre-order and will go on sale in China starting January 9. The global and Indian prices will be available from February 7.
OnePlus Buds Pro 2 is an impressive set of earbuds that offers a premium listening experience at an affordable price. Their sleek design, high-quality audio, and convenient features will surely be a hit with music lovers and audiophiles alike. In terms of convenience, they offer automatic pairing and switch, as well as touch controls and support for voice assistants. The earbuds also have a latency of 54ms, making them ideal for gaming and other situations where low latency is essential. Overall, the OnePlus Buds Pro 2 is a promising new addition to the wireless earbud market. It offers a combination of premium audio quality and long battery life at an affordable price.
Selva Ganesh is the Chief Editor of this Blog. He is a Computer Science Engineer, An experienced Android Developer, Professional Blogger with 8+ years in the field. He completed courses about Google News Initiative. He runs Android Infotech which offers Problem Solving Articles around the globe.