Nokia 6.1 Plus aka Nokia X6 breaks all-time sales in Nokia devices. It has mixed users of ordinary and developers. When It hands in Developers the first task they try to do is Rooting. After a lot of research XDA developer, Raghu Varma created official TWRP for this mobile. But Beyond this, if you are a regular user, you have enough 4 GB of RAM and Good Android One OS from Google. Android One comes with less Bloatware and also they can be easily removed. But, if you are addicted to some Root required apps, you can root your mobile using below steps. Read full tutorial before root your mobile; It can give you some idea to prepare your mobile.
Why should you Root Nokia 6.1 Plus?
You should have a proper reason, and you know what you are doing. Yes, with a Minimum of 4/6 GB RAM and Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 processor, You can use this mobile without root for 3-4 Years If you use correctly. Don’t root because everybody is saying when root your mobile it can become the fastest car in the world. No. Rooting is to extract some performance from the device. But, you already have Powerful specs and software. So, If you are addicted to some root apps, you can root. But, if you want to test, I won’t recommend it.
How to Root Nokia 6.1 Plus Pie 9.0
Nokia 6.1 Plus International Variants comes with a flexible bootloader. But some new devices come with locked Bootloader. This means that different smartphone variants can be easily rooted. Also, the device can accept to install TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery file/app alike.
TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file which must be installed on your devices because you can root them successfully. In this article, we explained the easiest method to follow and install TWRP recovery on Nokia 6.1 Plus. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the latest version of Magisk into your Nokia 6.1 Plus to gain root access. Before sharing the tutorial, you may want to know that, with the TWRP recovery present on your device, you can easily install any custom ROM or firmware. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything will be explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
Backup your current files and data, full data loss process (save them on external storage).
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock in your mobile. To do this; go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode, OEM Unlock and Enable the ‘Advanced Reboot.’ There is no complicated process in Nokia 6.1 Plus.
Also, download the ADB drivers. Install It in your PC.
- Download Magisk.Zip (Latest Version) and Copy it to Your Phone Memory.
Download and save the TWRP File in your Internal Memory and rename it to recovery.img.
- Switch off your device. Then, enter into Fastboot/Download mode. To do this; press and hold down the Volume Down+ Power buttons and Insert Micro USB Cable which should be connected with your PC.
You can see the “Download mode” warning message.
Launch the fastboot on your computer. Open a Command prompt on your PC and type below command.
- fastboot flash boot recovery.img
- After the above successful command, Type below command.
- fastboot reboot
- After the process complete, It will boot into the TWRP. Don’t Boot into standard OS until we flash boot image and magisk.
Create and flash Stock Boot.img file
You already in TWRP of your mobile. Open a Command prompt on your PC and type below command.
- adb devices
- Above command will show some device ID codes, means your mobile is Successful makes a connection with the ADB process. Now type the below command.
- dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img
- After the process complete, you can find boot.img file in Internal Storage. Now Navigate to Home of TWRP Select Install, Select boot.img.
- After the process complete, Again Go to Home of TWRP.
Install Magisk in your Nokia 6.1 Plus using TWRP
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select Magisk.Zip from your mobile.
- After the Installation, Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Dalvik, Data, Internal Storage.
- Reboot your mobile.
- You can also install Magisk Manager in your Mobile Applications.
Nokia 6.1 Plus have a minimum of 4 GB RAM, and it is a Well Optimized phone; There are Major regular updates and monthly updates, from Nokia for a long duration. If you compare it with Old Nokia devices, they still receiving updates. So, you should know what you are doing and the real purpose, you can root your device.
Selva Ganesh is a Chief Editor of this Blog. He is a Computer Engineer, An experienced Android Developer, Professional Blogger & addicted Web Developer. He runs Android Infotech which offers Problem Solving Articles around the globe.