The benefit of falling in a high-volume mobile base is even after the mobile manufacturers’ official supports. The developers in the group will provide better custom ROMs and Root methods. The companies began to provide better after-sales support in the software category. But the hardware of the mobile can survive 4-5 years. Thus they need some additional support that can’t be given by manufacturers. When you have decent hardware specs in your mobile, You can use them for 4-5 solid years. Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 has good hardware specs in the sheet, and when you use custom ROM, you can use this mobile for additional few years. It is better to choose stable ROMs. You can flash Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 Liange OS 17.1 based on Android 10 version when you have to root access with a custom recovery.
Even if you are a regular user, I advise you to go for root and flash this custom ROM to stay secure with the latest patch updates. It is the official version, which means it is fully compatible with your mobile and free from most major bugs. Official Custom ROMs are always better. They are free from significant bugs and will receive regular patch updates. To flash the firmware, you should have root access with Custom recovery installed on your mobile.
Why should you flash Official Lineage OS 17.1 Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy A7 2017?
We are thankful for the Hard Work of the Lineage OS team. Without this team, this method is not possible. You have only 3 GB of RAM. It is not enough for some heavy usage. Samsung stopped updates for your device, and also, your warranty is expired, So there is no giveaway here. It has a Good Exynos 7880 Octa-Core processor. Custom Skin OS from Samsung consumes a lot of RAM Usage compare with the Stock ROM.
If we optimize correctly with the correct Lineage OS after rooting, we can see some Improvements. So, after rooting, I can expect a Lag-free experience? Probably. If we hibernate and eliminate many unwanted apps and optimize some apps, your device is hardware limited. Within these limits, we can enhance the performance by 30-40% compared with your old usage. If you use Lineage Custom ROMs, you can expect a 50-80% improvement in performance.
How to Install Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 Exynos Processor Lineage OS 17.1 Android 10 Official ROM (SM-A720F, SM-A720S)
Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 comes with a flexible bootloader other than Verizon devices. Verizon devices come with a locked Bootloader. This means that different smartphone variants can be easily rooted. The device can also accept installing TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery file/app.
TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file installed on Samsung Galaxy devices because you can root them successfully. This article explained the easiest method to follow and install TWRP recovery on the Samsung Galaxy A7 2017. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the latest version of Lineage OS into your A7 2017. Before sharing the tutorial, you may want to know that, with the TWRP recovery present on your device, you can easily install any custom ROM or firmware. Does it seem complicated? Relax; everything will be explained succinctly in bullets. If you didn’t root your mobile, Refer- Root Samsung Galaxy A7 2017.
Things to check out for;
Check your device model number.
- It would be best if you had TWRP installed on your mobile.
Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
You should Backup your current files and data, just in case (save them on external storage using TWRP Backup).
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To do this, go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in the Samsung Galaxy A7 2017.
Download Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 Lineage ROM 17.1 and copy it into your Mobile SD Card.
Flash Lineage OS using TWRP
- Switch off your device. Then, enter into Recovery mode. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up + Home+ Power buttons at the same time for some time.
Press the Volume Up button to continue when you see the warning message.
- Now it Will Boot into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache, Dalvik, System Data. System Data will delete all files, including your Current OS.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select Lineage OS.Zip.
- After the Installation, Reboot Your Mobile.
- We have successfully Installed Lineage OS on our mobile.
Install Gapps For Samsung Galaxy A7 2017
Google Apps Called Gapps. That is Pre-Installed on All Android Mobiles. Google apps are Gmail, Google Maps, Play Store, YouTube, Google+, Search, Google Docs, Google Music, etc. These Gapps are not Pre-Installed With Custom ROMs Like CyanogenMod and others, Due to Some License Problems. All the Gapps Applications are the property of Google. There is no Re-modification in the Gapps.
- Install the CPU Hardware app on your mobile. Go to CPU and Note down your Architecture. It is essential to select the correct Gapps for your mobile.
- Download Gapps For Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 Lineage Oreo Official ROM 17.1 Android 10 version and Copy it into your Internal Memory. If you are confused with the Packages, you can refer Official Gapps Package comparison.
- Switch Off Your Mobile. Boot it into recovery mode->Volume Up+ Home+ Power Button.
- Now it Will Boot into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache Data.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install. Select Gapps.Zip.
- After the Installation, Reboot Your Mobile.
Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 Lineage OS 17.1 Android 10 Features
There are a lot of features added to Lineage OS 17.1. Here I mentioned some Important features.
- Lineage OS 17.1 is Android 10 Stock Android ROM with System-Wide Color options available. Dark, Grey themes are also available.
- We have optimized Recent apps Switcher.
- Volume Rocker contains Silent/Vibrate/Mute Options with Easy adjustable navigation.
- Notification enhanced. Instead of replying to a single message, you can now respond to the whole conversation.
- Lock Screen Visualizer for music.
- New Set of Emoji.
- Notification light can be configured with a lot of colors.
- Google Camera app, All Banking apps, and Payment apps will work without any issues.
- Digital Wellbeing- Optimize your time with Social Network interaction. Also, the new flip to shhh features added.
- Adaptive Battery- Better Battery optimization.
You know this already, If you turn on Subtitles on Youtube, It will auto-generate the captions. The Same functionality can be work on all over your device videos. It Doesn’t require Wi-Fi/ Data. This feature not yet available. But, It will be rolling out soon.
Languages are limited as per Google Data.
It is already available in the Pie version. But it is limited. Now you can explore more actions when you get the messages. You can Open Links, Open Apps based on the messages.
We always do this using Third-party apps. Now we can adjust the Volume and Tune, Equalize using the in-built feature. You can do a lot of things like Reduce noise, Enhance the Tune like that.
Enhanced Gesture Navigation
The True Gesture Navigation has finally arrived. It may not be best compare with OnePlus devices, But It is way better than the Pie 9.0 version. If you swipe From Left to Right, It goes forward. Right to Left goes Backward. Home button work as usual. Recently used apps can be accessed By Swiping Quarter Screen to the Top. Simple navigation to avoid confusion.
It is not like Night Mode. It didn’t add a filter in the Display. If you have OLED Display, It will surely save your battery power from 5-30% based on your usage.
Google always added enhanced Privacy features in every Android version. In the 10th version, You can handle your Privacy a lot better. It will always tell you when your installed apps access your location in the background to manage whether you need that permission on Always or During the app usage.
Direct System Updates
Unlike regular OTA updates from your Manufacturers, the regular patch updates will be handled by Google After you updated to the Android 10 version. It can be done using your Google Play App. If you have Custom Skin OS from your Manufacturer, Google will not change the UI. They will handle only Patch updates. This is one of the most critical steps taken from their side. It will help all the users who are tired of their Manufacturer’s Late updates. Due to we are in Custom ROM, we have to update our OS manually.
It can be an additional function of Digital Wellbeing. Now you can Pause some apps to avoid the Notifications For a short time or a Long time. Some mobiles are made based on this scenario. To avoid distractions and get focused on what you are doing. Think you are Studying, and a Single Whatsapp message can redirect you. With the help of this feature, you can use only Study apps during your Study time.
It is like Parental Control. You can control the App Timings within your Added Google Accounts.
Other improvements and changes
- HEIF Image, Monochrome Camera Support.
- New Set of Emoji.
- Enhanced Adaptive Battery Improvements compare with the Pie version.
- Contaminant Detection- If any moistures are in your USB Ports, your mobile will alert you.
- Full device encryption supported.
- The new Partial screenshot option allows you to capture a small part of the screen.
- Adapted Theme picker allows you to change system-wide colors, Icons, and Sizes.
- Now Wi-Fi Display option is available.
- Support for Rotate and Pop-Up cameras added in the update.
Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 is a Mid-level device; We can expect Some Improvement by rooting. But, If you use Lineage Custom Roms, you can expect considerable performance Improvement. If you have little tech knowledge and know what you are doing, you can Root and flash Lineage Custom ROM. If you flash other Custom ROM, check what is working and what is not working. It is wise to use Some Official Custom ROMs like Lineage. If you feel you are limited with Hardware, Trust me, 3 GB RAM is more than enough for regular usage. Refer- How Much RAM you need. Like Lineage OS, there are plenty of other best Pie 9.0 based custom ROMs that are available for your device. During the process, if you face any problem, comment below.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate and Certified Android Developer, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.