The Nokia G60 5G is a mid-range smartphone that runs on the latest Android 12 operating system. Nokia can run and handle any apps with limited resources compared to other mobile companies since it uses Stock Android. Also, the OTA updates are way better and fast than others. Since Nokia G60 5G already comes with Android 12, you don’t need to update your Mobile manually. But for some reason, when you can’t do the regular OTA method, you can use the below manual method to update your Mobile to the latest patch updates.
You should perform these steps before starting the process.
Run a backup
You must always run a comprehensive backup of all files, documents, and data on the Android device. While the action may be done, all data on the Mobile will be lost if there be any mistakes.
So, to be safe, run a backup before continuing.
Charge the device fully
Many people will say you should charge the device up to 50% battery percentage or more. We recommend a fully charged mobile so there won’t be any stories.
Download ADB drivers and ROM
- Yeah, ADB is essential when you prefer to sideload the method. You must download and install the ADB drivers on your PC for this action.
- Download the ADB drivers. Install it on your PC.
- Download Nokia G60 5G Android 12 Stock ROM. Rename this file to firmware.zip.
- Copy the above firmware file to mobile storage using the stock recovery method. Copy the file to ADB Folder when you want to use the sideload method.
Flash Firmware Android 12 in Nokia G60 5G devices
Official OTA Method
Suppose you want to update a security patch to the current month. Don’t go for the manual method. Try this Automatic method.
The process is straightforward;
Go to your device setting menu and scroll down to the bottom.
Tap on “Software Update”
You may have to refresh the page to start the OTA upgrade process.
Manual Method- Stock Recovery
This method requires PC support; You can also use this method to use Stock ROM If you are using Custom ROMs.
- Copy your downloaded firmware to your PC and rename it to firmware.zip. Copy those files to the folder where you installed ADB and Fastboot.
- Switch off your device. Then, enter into the Stock Recovery mode. To do this- Press and hold down the Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously for some time.
Press the Volume Up button to continue when you see the warning message.
Connect the Nokia G60 5G mobile to the computer via a USB cable.
- In Your Mobile stock recovery, select “Apply Update from ADB.”
- Choose the downloaded .zip file from the storage.
- Wait for the process to complete. After the successful operation, Restart your Mobile.
Using ADB and Fastboot method
Launch the fastboot on your computer. Open a Command prompt on your PC and type the below command.
- fastboot devices
- It should display the connected devices. If you didn’t get the Mobile, restart the command prompt and Disconnect and Connect your Mobile. If you are detected, type the below commands.
- adb sideload firmware.zip
- The command will install all the files. When the process is complete, It will reboot your Mobile.
Since you have just flashed new firmware to your Nokia G60 5G device, you may want to check if the firmware is correctly installed or not. Follow the step below to check your device firmware version.
You can check the firmware details >>> settings >>> about >>> Version.
Nokia G60 5G Android 12 Features
Many features are added in the 12 version, compared with the Pie version. Here I mentioned some important features.
The screen might dim after reading on your phone for a long time. You can either extend the screen’s life (which will drain the battery) or tap the screen repeatedly (which can be annoying).
The Attentive Screen solves this problem by keeping your screen on even though you are looking at it. It requires you to scan your face. Some people might not like this, but it works well once it’s all setup.
People love the freedom to customize their phones to suit their needs. This usually involves downloading a third-party launcher or another app. You can make fundamental changes to the home screen with Android 12. You can change the font, accent colors, and icons’ shapes.
Although it isn’t as robust as Samsung Color OS or Oppo Color OS’s OneUI, it’s still better than nothing.
Android 12 update will include Conversational Widgets, which allow you to see messages from family and friends in a widget on your home screen. This widget will let you glance at important notes without opening the app quickly.
The privacy dashboard provides a detailed overview of when apps have accessed your location, camera, or microphone within the past 24 hours. If you notice any activity you wish to modify, you can easily manage permissions directly from the dashboard.
The standard camera and microphone indicators handle Privacy. You can also access the privacy dashboard to view apps that have access to your camera, microphone, and other information.
Google always added enhanced Privacy features in every Android Version. In the 12th Version, You can handle your Privacy a lot better. It will always tell you when your installed apps access your location in the background to manage whether you need that Permission on Always or During the app usage.
You know this already; if you turn on Subtitles on Youtube, It will auto-generate the captions. It can work on the Same functionality all over your device videos. It Doesn’t require Wi-Fi/ Data, and this feature is not yet available. But, It will be rolling out soon.
The language limit depends on Google Data.
It is already available in the Pie version. But it is limited. Now you can explore more actions when you get the messages. For example, you can Open Links, Open Apps based on the Messages.
We can now adjust the Volume, Tune, and Equalize using the built-in feature. You can do many things like Reduce noise, Enhance the Tune. We always do this using Third-party apps.
Enhanced Gesture Navigation
The True Gesture Navigation has finally arrived. It may not be the best compared with OnePlus devices, But It is way better than the Pie 9.0 version. You can access recently used apps By Swiping Quarter Screen to the Top. If you swipe From Left to Right, It goes forward, and right to Left goes Backward. Home button work as usual. Simple Navigation to avoid confusion.
Unlike Night Mode, it didn’t add a filter on display. If you have an OLED Display, It will save your battery power from 5-30% based on your usage.
Google always added enhanced Privacy features in every Android Version. In the 10th Version, You can handle your Privacy a lot better. It will always tell you when your installed apps access your location in the background to manage whether you need that permission on Always or During the app usage.
Direct System Updates
The direct Security patch update is one of the most critical steps taken from their side, and it will help all the users who are tired of their Manufacturer’s Late updates. Unlike regular OTA updates from your Manufacturers, the frequent patch updates will be handled by Google After you update to the Android 12 version. The Update will utilize the Google Play App. If you have Custom Skin OS from your Manufacturer, Google will not change the UI, and they will handle only Patch updates.
It can be an additional function of Digital well-being. Now you can Pause some apps to avoid Notifications For a short time or a Long time. Some mobiles are made based on this scenario. To avoid distractions and get focused on what you are doing. For example, think you are Studying, and a Single Whatsapp message can redirect you. With the help of this feature, you can use only Study apps during your Study time.
Like Parental Control, you can control the App Timings within your Added Google Accounts.
Manage Message Conversations
- Better Conversation management with Chat Bubble. You can manage all Messaging services in one place and get the One Chat Bubble Notification on the Lock Screen.
Control Connected devices in one Place
- With the help of a group of connected devices, You can control and connect Smart devices by launching Power Menu Options.
New One-Time Privacy Permissions
- You can give time permission to the app to access your Location, Calls, or Messages.
Other improvements and changes
- HEIF Image, Monochrome Camera Support.
- New Set of Emoji.
- Enhanced Adaptive Battery Improvements compared with the previous Version.
- Contaminant Detection- Your Mobile will alert you if any moistures are in your USB Ports.
- Attentive Display- If you look at your mobile, It will always wake up.
- You can use three-finger gestures to take a screenshot.
If you are in Stock firmware, Use the ADB-based method. It is comfortable and safe; You can update it like a Regular OTA Update. But if you were already using Rooted devices, You can try TWRP-based Methods. Don’t download any third-party apps; sometimes, it may trigger the updates process. There are a lot of new Gestures available in this Update; try them also. Nokia G60 5G Android 12 near Stock Android is better than some other Custom Skin OS. So try to use this OS instead of a Custom OS. But the decision is your choice…:)
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate and Certified Android Developer, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.
Leave a Reply