The problem with the Custom Skin Android Mobiles with the Activated Carriers is Bloatware. The Manufacturer installs a bunch of useless Bloatware apps on our mobile. Additional to this, our carrier also introduces a lot of apps. The Apps don’t bother us If We have High RAM Mobile. But When we have Mid-Range mobiles, the Manufacturer Apps can take a lot of space, which stops us from using the Important apps. Like other Carriers, Sprint also Installs some Bloatware Android Apps like Sprint Hub. Unfortunately, we can’t uninstall this app like Playstore apps. You have to use other methods to disable and delete those Applications. Below I will explain some ways With Root and Without Root. Based on your current mobile state, you can choose the appropriate one.
Disable and Remove Sprint Mobile Carrier Bloatware Apps in your Android Mobile
Carriers always put a bunch of apps that can help us to use the Carrier efficiently. But when they exceed the limit and try to fill our mobile with their apps. That is the place where we have to remove those apps. Below I mentioned Start level, Mid Level, and Root required Level. Based on your comfort, choose the best one.
Some Profiles and Apps will directly work with your Network Signal. If you Use e-SIM, You have to consult with your Operator before Installing the Apps. If you accidentally delete or disable the Network profile Application, You may not get the Network Coverage.
Method 1- Disable the Sprint Apps Using Default App Settings
- Go to Settings> Select Apps and Notifications.
- You will get the Installed Applications list. From the menu, select the Sprint Bloatware app.
- You Can’t Un-Install the App. Force Stop the app and Disable all permissions. The problem with this method, If you accidentally open the app, It will start again. You have to Force Stop the app again from Settings.
Method 2- Using ADB Commands Disable Sprint Apps
- Download the ADB drivers. Install it on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock; you’ll find these options at Settings >>> Developer options. If you didn’t see the developer options on your settings menu, then go to about >>> build number. Click on the “Build Number” row for about ten times regularly to activate “Developer Option” on your device.
- Connect your mobile with PC and unlock your mobile (Screen Lock).
- Open a command prompt as Administrator and type below command to check the ADB status.
- adb devices
- The above command will display some code for device detection. If you didn’t receive any response, Check with the USB Cable. If you get a response, move to the below commands.
- You can enter the commands one by one, Or All commands and Hit Enter.
- am force-stop com.sprint.w.installer
pm disable-user com.sprint.w.installer
- If you use Samsung mobile and If the disable command doesn’t work, you can try with the block command. I already covered the topic to Disable Knox and Samsung Bloatware Apps.
- You can disable the apps based on their adb package name. You can find these package names using the below command.
- adb shell pm list packages
- Based on the title, you can exclude the Sprint apps. After that, use the am force-stop, and pm disables commands with the Application package name.
Method 3- Using Root Un-Installer
This technique should be your last choice. Before this way, try the ideas mentioned above. This method will require Root Access. It is not necessary to Root your mobile because you want to Uninstall only Sprint Apps. If you already Rooted your mobile, You know the Limits and What you can do.
You should be careful when using this app. Since it is dealing with the system apps. I advise you to take the complete backup before this process. You should complete aware of the app, Before Un-Installing.
- Download System App Remover.
- Open this app and give Root Access using Super User. You can use Magisk or SuperSU for controlling the Permissions. You will get the list of all installed apps on your mobile.
- Search for the Sprint apps, select them one by one, and select Uninstall.
Disable Sprint Notifications in your Android Mobile
Another Problem, you may face by your carrier is Message 0 or Push Notifications message. Fortunately, we can disable this setting without using any unique methods.
- Dial *2 in your mobile Dialpad and Press call button.
- You will receive like USSD menu.
- In Sprint Zone Notifications Disable News, Suggested Apps and Phone Tips and Tricks. Don’t Disable the “My Sprint.” You will not receive your account based details if you disable this option.
- In the Others Option,> Set Frequency>Every Week/Month, Based on your Wish.
Other than the Root method, You can’t Completely uninstall the Sprint Bloatware apps. Nowadays, we have to deal with a lot of Notifications. Manufacturers like Xiaomi are Already showing Ads in their System Applications. Realme planned to Show Ads. Additional to this, If Our carriers are pushing unwanted Notifications and Ads in the name of suggestions, We hate to use our mobile. We can’t deal with all Notifications. But, We can disable them using some methods. I hope the above techniques will help you to get rid of the unwanted apps. When you find other ways that work efficient than the mentioned methods, comment below.
Selva Ganesh is the Chief Editor of this Blog. He is a Computer Science Engineer, An experienced Android Developer, Professional Blogger with 8+ years in the field. He completed courses about Google News Initiative. He runs Android Infotech which offers Problem Solving Articles around the globe.