Due to Project treble from Google Samsung using system-as-root from Pie 9.0 version devices. So, We can’t root Samsung S10e devices like other devices. We can’t use TWRP for some time until developers find a way to do that. So, here we are going to use Magisk to root your device. It is completely different from other methods. If you used Some Snapdragon devices, We used Rooted firmware method. Below is similar to that theory. Instead of root using TWRP and Install Magisk, We first install Magisk Manager and patch your current firmware file and flash the patched firmware using ODIN. If you are a regular user and don’t know fully about root. I don’t suggest you do this. It may require to deal with flashing and developer works frequently or once in a while based on your usage. So, Before proceeding this think twice.
Why should you Root Samsung Galaxy S10e?
You should have a strong reason for rooting. Samsung Already released One UI 9.0 Pie and is already optimized. You have More than Enough 8 GB RAM to use daily apps without Lag. You can use this device without lag for years until Samsung mess with some Bloatware. But beyond, this not go reasons, you are addicted to some root apps, or you are a frequent user of some Custom OS, you can proceed further. But if you want to root because everybody is doing, I advise you, don’t root If you didn’t have any experience.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S10e Exynos SM-G970F
First of all thanks to topjohnwu – XDA Senior developer for finding this way and this genius is a one who discovered and maintaining Magisk. Samsung Galaxy S10e Exynos International variants come with a flexible bootloader. This means that the smartphone can be easily rooted. Also, the device can accept to install TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery file/app alike. Don’t try with Snapdragon US Variants like Verizon devices. They come with locked Bootloader.
But In the below method, we are not going to Root this device by using Magisk, not TWRP. You can Install TWRP using the official App when it is released. TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file which must be installed on Samsung Galaxy devices because you can root them successfully. In this article, we explained the easiest method to follow and install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy S10e. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the latest version of Magisk into your S10e to gain root access. Before sharing the tutorial, you may want to know that, with the TWRP recovery present on your device, you can easily install any custom ROM or firmware. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything will be explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
Check your device model number.
- Install Latest Magisk Manager.
Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
Backup your current files and data- Full Data Loss Process (save them on external storage).
- You cannot use Samsung Pay, Secured folder and some official apps from Samsung.
- You can’t update your firmware, to get new firmware you have to follow the below steps with the new firmware.
- Read full tutorial before the process.
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock in your mobile. To do this; go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in the Samsung Galaxy S10e Exynos.
Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system.
Also, download the ODIN software. Select above Oreo version in the ODIN list. Install ODIN in your PC.
- Download Samsung Galaxy S10e Firmware and save it on your Device’s Internal Storage. Your Current OS version and Downloaded Version AP and CSC should be Same.
- You can use Phone Info to know your firmware version.
- Download Magisk Manager (Download Latest version) and Install it on your mobile. Open Installed Magisk and Select Install in Magisk, It will ask For zip file and Patch Boot Image file. Select the Boot Image file.
Navigate to your downloaded firmware and patch the firmware.
- Wait for the process to complete, In the end, you will get magisk patched .tar file. The .tar file will be in the same folder where you have the Stock firmware file.
- Copy magisk_patched.tar file to your PC.
Flash Patched Firmware using ODIN
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+ Bixby + Power Key Buttons. Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable, After Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After entering into Download Mode, it will say Warning, Press Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you did not get this message Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button then Browse for the Firmware file selects it. Tick the Auto Reboot.
- Press Start wait for the tasks to complete. After the process complete, Press Volume Down+ Power button to exit Download mode. When the screen goes off, Immediately Press Volume Up + Bixby + Power buttons to boot into Recovery mode.
- After entering into Stock recovery mode, Go to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Select Yes to wipe data. It will wipe your saved data in your device. Don’t Boot into OS, Read below Boot stages before booting.
Boot into Rooted and Non-Rooted OS
- Here is the beauty of the new method, you can Boot into both Rooted and Non-Rooted environments in the same mobile.
- Non-Rooted OS Boot– Press Power button. It will boot you to Normal OS. You have to set up your device like a new device.
- Boot into Rooted OS – Press and Hold Volume Up + Bixby + Power buttons, release all the keys once the Bootloader warning appears. You have to set up your device like a new device. You can select the root status using Root Checker.
- Stock Recovery Boot – Press and Hold Volume Up + Bixby + Power buttons, release Power + Bixby keys while you hold the Volume Up key.
You should not Boot into Normal OS Booting, by pressing the power button, after firmware flash. It will boot you to Non-Rooted environment. If you accidentally urged and boot frequently, Don’t panic, after setup everything, switch off your device and boot into Rooted OS using above mentioned keys. If you root your device, because of the battery drain issues, you can optimize your battery without root.
Selva Ganesh is a Chief Editor of this Blog. He is a Computer Engineer, An experienced Android Developer, Professional Blogger & addicted Web Developer. He runs Android Infotech which offers Problem Solving Articles around the globe.