Samsung Galaxy Note 10 comes with Beast Specs, that you can use this mobile for 4-5 Years, Without Upgrade to new mobile- Unless you are a frequent mobile changer. Yes, With Exynos 9825 (International), Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (USA/China) processor and Minimum of 8 GB RAM, It can perform more than you think. In previous days, We root our mobile to enhance the performance, because Hardware and Software limit us. But, After a lot of developments, Root required apps have a lot of exclusive features. So, Some Developers and Root users become a regular user for those apps. They may not feel comfortable without those apps. For those friends, You can root your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Exynos using below method. This method is based on Magisk. You will get root access. But, You may not enjoy the full access like TWRP. If you are a regular user, This method requires additional flashing methods. After root, you will not get the Official updates from Samsung. So, you should decide, You need this root or not before proceeding.
Why should you Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10?
You should have a strong reason for rooting. Samsung Already released One UI 9.0 Pie and is already optimized. You have More than Enough 8 GB RAM to use daily apps without Lag for years. You may think the Custom Skin of Samsung is not good. Trust me One UI is far better than other Custom Skin OS. You can use this device without lag for years until Samsung mess with some Bloatware. But beyond, this not go reasons, you are addicted to some root apps, or you are a frequent user of some Custom OS, you can proceed further. But if you want to root because everybody is doing, I advise you, don’t root If you didn’t have any experience. For regular users, It can become a Nightmare.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Exynos SM-N970F Pie 9.0
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 International variants come with a flexible bootloader. This means that the smartphone can be easily rooted. Also, the device can accept to install TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery file/app alike. Don’t try with Snapdragon US Variants like Verizon devices. They come with locked Bootloader.
But In the below method, we are going to Root this device by using Magisk, not TWRP. You can install TWRP using the official App when it is released. TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file which must be installed on Samsung Galaxy devices because you can root them successfully. In this article, we explained the easiest method to follow and install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 10. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the latest version of Magisk into your Note 10 to gain root access. Before sharing the tutorial, you may want to know that, with the TWRP recovery present on your device, you can easily install any custom ROM or firmware. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything will be explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
Check your device model number.
- Don’t try this in Snapdragon variants.
- Install Latest Magisk Manager.
Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
Backup your current files and data- Full Data Loss Process (save them on external storage).
- You cannot use Samsung Pay, Secured folder, and some official apps from Samsung.
- You can’t update your firmware, to get new firmware you have to follow the below steps with the latest firmware.
- Read full tutorial before the process.
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To do this; go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.
- Switch off your device. Enter into Download Mode-> Volume Up+Volume Down and Connect your mobile with PC using USB Cable. When Download mode warning screen Appears, Press Volume Up button to unlock Bootloader.
- The above process will wipe your User Data. After Setup your device, Please recheck the OEM Unlock in the settings. Sometimes It Will Lock Again.
Preparing Patched Boot Image file
Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system.
Also, download the ODIN software. Select above Oreo version in the ODIN list. Install ODIN on your PC.
- Download Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Firmware and save it on your PC. Your Current OS version and Downloaded Version AP and CSC should be Same.
- You can use Phone Info to know your firmware version.
- Download 7Zip-ZS Install on your PC. Extract the files in downloaded firmware using 7Zip-ZS. You will get four files. Copy the AP.tar.md5 to your mobile.
- Download Magisk Manager (Download Latest version) or Magisk canary and Install it on your mobile. Open Installed Magisk and Select Install in Magisk, It will ask For zip file and Patch Boot Image File. Select the Boot Image file (AP File).
Navigate to your copied Boot Image File and patch the file.
- Wait for the process to complete, In the end, you will get magisk patched .tar file. The .tar file will be in the same folder where you have the Stock firmware file.
- Copy magisk_patched.tar file to your PC.
Flash Patched Boot Image using ODIN
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+ Volume Up Buttons and Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable, After Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After entering into Download Mode, it will say Warning, Press Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you did not get this message Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button then Browse for the magisk patched file selects it. Un-Tick the Auto-Reboot. Select other files from Extracted firmware. Only the AP file should be the patched file. Additional data should be regular firmware files. So, you will get four files in ODIN. One Patched AP file, Other three .tar.md5 files.
- Press Start wait for the tasks to complete. After the process complete, Press Volume Down+ Power button to exit Download mode. When the screen goes off, Immediately Press Volume Up + Power buttons to boot into Recovery mode.
- After entering into Stock recovery mode, Go to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Select Yes to wipe data. It will erase your saved data in your device. Don’t Boot into OS, Read below Boot stages before booting.
Boot into Rooted OS
- Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release all the keys once the Bootloader warning appears. You have to set up your device like a new device. You can select the root status using Root Checker.
- Stock Recovery Boot – Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release keys while you hold the Volume Up key.
- You will see Magisk Manager in your App drawer. If you can’t find the app, you can install Magisk Manager in your mobile.
In my opinion, you don’t need rooting for your Samsung Galaxy Note 10. If you thought, you could Improve Performance By root; With the Exynos 9825 Octa-Core processor and 8 GB RAM, your device can perform well without your Manual Optimize. If you don’t know how much RAM you need, You will never use this much RAM. You should not Boot into Normal OS Booting, by pressing the power button, after firmware flash. It will boot you to Non-Rooted environment. If you accidentally urged and boot frequently, Don’t panic, after setup everything, switch off your device and boot into Rooted OS using above mentioned keys. If you root your device, because of the battery drain issues, you can optimize your battery without root. You can install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Exynos Processor devices, after this process.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.