Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 not only looks beautiful in Outside, but It also has Good specs inside. It has enough 6/8 GB RAM and High-End Flagship level processor. With these specs, you can survive in this latest Android world. Xiaomi also announced there is a confirmed Pie update for this mobile. So, In my opinion, If you are a regular user, you can use this device without root. But, the MIUI ROM annoy you, you can root your mobile and flash official lineage OS ROM. With the clean Stock ROM, It can perform better. If you want to root, because you want to Disable ads in the in-Built apps, you can do this without root. I added a link at the end of this article, to do that.
Why should you Root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2?
We thank TWRP Team. Without this developer work, this process can’t happen. You should have a proper reason, and you know what you are doing. Yes, with a Minimum of 6/8 GB RAM and Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 processor, You can use this mobile without root for 1-2 Years If you use correctly. Don’t root because everybody is saying when root your mobile it can become fast. No. Rooting is to extract some performance from the device. But, you already have Powerful specs and software. So, If you are addicted to some root apps, you can root. But, if you want to test, I won’t recommend it.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Oreo 8.0
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 International Variants comes with a flexible bootloader other than some locked devices. Example- In Samsung, Verizon mobiles come with locked Bootloader. This means that different smartphone variants can be easily rooted. Also, the device can accept to install TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery file/app alike.
TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file which must be installed on your devices because you can root them successfully. In this article, we explained the easiest method to follow and install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the latest version of Magisk into your Mi Mix 2 to gain root access. Before sharing the tutorial, you may want to know that, with the TWRP recovery present on your device, you can easily install any custom ROM or firmware. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything will be explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
Backup your current files and data, full data loss process (save them on external storage).
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock in your mobile. To do this; go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode, OEM Unlock and Enable the ‘Advanced Reboot.’ There is no complicated process in Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.
Also, download the ADB drivers. Install It in your PC.
- Download Magisk.Zip (Latest Version) and Copy it to Your Phone Memory.
Download and save the TWRP Recovery and Installer Files in your PC and rename recovery file to recovery.img.
- Download Disable Force Encryption Treble and Save it in your mobile.
Unlock Bootloader using ADB and Fastboot
- Go to official Mi Bootloader Unlock website and log in with your Mi Account.
- Enter your Mobile details like phone number, IMEI, reason. You will get the confirmation code on your mobile. Enter the confirmation code in Mi website and request for unlocking. You will receive a Confirmation mail after the approval in 2-10 Days.
Install the Mi Flash Tool in the received mail. Log in with your Same Mi Account, which used to get the Software.
- Switch off your device. Connect your mobile to PC. Then, enter into Fastboot mode. To do this; Press and hold down the Volume up + Power buttons at the same time for some time. It will boot your mobile into Fastboot mode.
After you successfully boot into Fastboot mode, Select Unlock. It will take 2-3 minutes to finish the process. After the successful process completion, Reboot your mobile.
Check again enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode, OEM Unlock and Enable the “Advanced Reboot.” Sometimes they disabled them self after the boot.
- Switch off your device. Connect your mobile to PC. Then, enter into Fastboot mode. To do this; Press and hold down the Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time for some time. It will boot your mobile into Fastboot mode.
Now, connect the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 mobile to the computer via USB cable.
Launch the fastboot on your computer. Open a Command prompt on your PC and type below command.
- fastboot boot recovery.img
- After the process complete, It will boot into the temporary TWRP. Don’t Boot into standard OS until we flash magisk and Installer.
Install TWRP Installer, Magisk and Disable Force Encryption Treble in your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 using TWRP
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache Data.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select Disable Force Encryption Treble.Zip.
- After the Installation Again navigates to Home and Select Install.
- Select twrp-installer.zip, and Press Add More Zips. Select Magisk.Zip. After the successful installation, Reboot your mobile.
- You can also install Magisk Manager in your Mobile Applications. Install Root checker to verify your Root Status.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 has a minimum of 6 GB RAM and High-End version has 8 GB of RAM, and it is a Good High-End phone; There are Major regular updates and monthly updates, from Xiaomi for a long duration. If you compare it with Old devices, they still receiving updates. So, you know what you are doing and the real purpose, you can root your device. If you want to disable Ads, you can use other methods, which doesn’t require root. Xiaomi promised to optimize these Ads in the upcoming versions.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.