Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 is a decent device with some good mid-range specs like 2 GB RAM and Exynos 7870 Octa-core processor. The Beauty is it still receiving regular patch updates once in 60-70 Days Interval. It is good to compare with other models. Some 2018 models still didn’t receive Oreo update from Samsung. So, If you didn’t update your mobile to Oreo, you can do this by using the OTA method or ODIN method. It already received Two security patch updates, so small glitch in 8.0 version resolved in those updates. If you have a rooted device or using Custom using, you can’t update using the OTA Method; you should use the ODIN method.
As you know, you can easily update this device, using the Automatic OTA Method. But, If you can’t update, you can use below manual ODIN method. You can also use this method to Unbrick your device.
Oreo 8.0 Firmware Flash- Samsung Galaxy A3 2017
Official OTA Method
If you want to update a security patch to the current month. Don’t go for manual method. Before that method, try this OTA Method.
The process is straightforward and straightforward;
Go to your device setting menu and scroll down to the bottom
Tap on “Software Update”
You may have to refresh the page to start the OTA upgrade process.
Manual Method ( SM-A320F / SM-A320FL / SM-A320Y )
- Check Your Device Mobile No. If you flash Different model number, you will lose some features based on your region.
- Battery Percentage Above 50.
- Backup Your Device.
Using ODIN Method
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock; you’ll find these options at Settings >>> Developer options. If you didn’t see the developer options on your settings menu, then go to about >>> build number; click on the “Build Number” row for about ten times constantly to activate “Developer Option” on your device.
- Download Samsung USB driver and install it in your PC.
- We are using third party software flashing. Download ODIN and install this also in your PC. In version select Oreo supporting version ODIN.
- Download Firmware For Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 Official Firmware. Select recent firmware. When selecting firmware refer- How to choose correct firmware.
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+Volume Up Buttons. Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable, After Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After entering into Download Mode, it will say Warning Press Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you did not get this message Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button then Browse for the Firmware file selects it. Tick the Auto Reboot.
- Press Start wait for the tasks to complete. It will automatically reboot after the process complete.
- You can Check the Firmware Details->Settings->About->Version.
Samsung Galaxy Oreo 8.1 Experience 9.5
This firmware update updates your mobile to Samsung Experience 9.5 with a lot of upgrade features compared with Samsung Experience 9.0.
- Bixby is like Google Assistant. Yes, Google assistant is best, But Bixby is Better in Samsung devices and can do a lot of things that GA Can’t do.
- Bixby 2.0 added.
- The natural conversation like Google Assistant.
- Individual Feed recommendations
- Faster response time compared with Bixby Older version.
- Uber hail support added.
- You can use a separate messaging account and use simultaneously.
- Search results from all in-Built apps and New results are added from Galaxy Apps and Google Play
- Whole new Redesigned Icons and Shortcuts.
- Now you can manage notifications based on their categories.
- You can easily sync your photos and files easily with Samsung cloud. (In-Built)
SmartThings (formerly Samsung Connect)
- Control your Samsung Devices with Bixby or using this app.
- Improved settings and GIF Emoji Added. Emoji 11.0 Added.
- Find My Mobile improved with Custom Maps.
Selecting correct firmware is the Major step in this process. If you follow all steps correctly, you can quickly flash firmware in your Samsung Galaxy A3 2017. If you face any problem or if you need any additional mirrors comment below.
Selva Ganesh is the Chief Editor of this Blog. He is a Computer Science Engineer, An experienced Android Developer, Professional Blogger with 8+ years in the field. He completed courses about Google News Initiative. He runs Android Infotech which offers Problem Solving Articles around the globe.