The old days where Android mobiles could survive with less than 1GB of RAM is over. With the latest Android OS and the custom skin UI in some mobiles, Android devices struggle to perform and handle apps. To solve this issue, Google released the Android Go edition. This version of Android requires minimal hardware setup to run the OS and related apps. You can use Android Go version apps, Which mostly work like PWA apps. Samsung Galaxy M01 Core is an Android Go version from Samsung, and it comes with a decent hardware setup. Samsung Galaxy M01 Core comes with an Android 10 based go version. You can update your mobile using the standard OTA method. When you can’t do it regularly, you can update your mobile using the below Odin-based manual process.
Since Samsung uses custom skin OS, They have to work a lot compared with Stock Android versions. Compared with the initial release of One UI, Successor versions came with a lot of valuable features. You can constantly update your mobile using the OTA Software update option in settings. You can also use this method to Unbrick your mobile. There are plenty of features added to Android 10. Direct Google Play Store Security patch updates, Enhanced Privacy, and Improved Gestures are some noticeable features in the Android 10 version. When you have root access to your mobile, You should follow a unique method to flash the firmware. If you follow below ODIN method, you will lose root access.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy M01 Core Official Stable Stock Android 10 Firmware Flash Go Edition
Official OTA Method
Don’t go for the manual method to update a security patch to the current month. Try this Automatic method.
The process is straightforward;
Go to your device setting menu and scroll down to the bottom.
Tap on “Software Update”
You may have to refresh the page to start the OTA upgrade process.
Manual Method (SM-M013F )
- Check Your Device Mobile No. If you flash a Different model number, you will lose some features based on your region.
- Battery Percentage Above 50.
- Backup Your Device.
Using ODIN Method
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock; you’ll find these options at Settings >>> Developer options. If you didn’t see the developer options on your settings menu, then go to about >>> build number; click on the “Build Number” row about ten times regularly to activate “Developer Option” on your device.
- Download the Samsung USB driver and install it on your PC.
- We are using third-party software flashing. Download ODIN and install this also on your PC. In the version, select the latest version ODIN.
- Download Firmware From the below links, For Samsung Galaxy M01 Core Official Firmware.
- Select recent firmware. When selecting firmware, refer- How to choose the correct firmware.
- If the above mirror is not working, try the secondary mirror.
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+ Volume Up+ Power Button and Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable; after Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After entering into Download Mode, it will say Warning; press the Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you did not get this message, Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button, Browse for the Firmware file selects it. Tick the Auto-Reboot.
- Press Start wait for the tasks to complete. It will automatically reboot after the process ends.
- You can Check the Firmware Details->Settings->About->Version.
Samsung Galaxy M01 Core Android 10 Go Edition Features
This firmware updates your mobile to Android 10, which is based on Go Edition. Most of the features are the same as Samsung’s regular Android 10 version, But some apps are based on Web Apps. The OS also has some One UI 2.0 features.
- 2X More storage available compares with the Old core versions. 16/32 GB ROM in the Go edition may have more storage compared with the regular OS.
Smaller app size
- The same app in regular devices with 40 MB will be 2 MB or less in Go Edition.
- Even if it has low specs, Google Assistant is Built in to Assist you.
- Unlike Android One edition, Android Go can have customized skin. So Samsung added its apps like Gallery, Samsung Internet, File Manager.
- You can use a separate messaging account and use it simultaneously.
- Search results from all in-Built apps and New results are added from Galaxy Apps and Google Play.
- The home screen has whole new, Redesigned Icons and Shortcuts.
- Now you can manage notifications based on their categories.
- You can easily sync your photos and files with the Samsung cloud. (In-Built)
SmartThings (formerly Samsung Connect)
- Control your Samsung Devices with Bixby or using this app.
- Keyboard now has improved settings and GIF Emoji.
- Find My Mobile improved with Custom Maps.
You know this already; if you turn on Subtitles on Youtube, It will auto-generate the captions. The Same functionality can be work on all over your device videos. It Doesn’t require Wi-Fi/ Data, and this feature is not yet available. But, It will be rolling out soon.
Currently, limited languages are available as per Google Data.
It is already available in the Pie version. But it is limited. Now you can explore more actions when you get the messages, and you can Open Links, Open Apps based on the messages.
We always do this using Third-party apps. Now we can adjust the Volume and Tune, Equalize using the in-built feature. You can do a lot of things like Reduce noise, Enhance the Tune like that.
Enhanced Gesture Navigation
The True Gesture Navigation has finally arrived. It may not be best compare with OnePlus devices, But It is way better than the Pie 9.0 version. If you swipe From Left to Right, It goes forward, and right to Left goes Backward. Home button work as usual. You can access recently used apps By Swiping Quarter Screen to the Top. Simple Navigation to avoid confusion.
It is not like Night Mode, and it didn’t add a filter on Display. If you have OLED Display, It will surely save your battery power from 5-30% based on your usage.
Google always added enhanced Privacy features in every Android version. In the 10th version, You can handle your Privacy a lot better. It will always tell you when your installed apps access your location in the background to manage whether you need that permission on Always or During the app usage.
Direct System Updates
Unlike regular OTA updates from your Manufacturers, the regular patch updates will be handled by Google After you update to the Android 10 version. This update happens using your Google Play App. If you have Custom Skin OS from your Manufacturer, Google will not change the UI, and they will handle only Patch updates. It is one of the most critical steps taken from their side, and it will help all the users who are tired of their manufacturer’s Late updates.
It can be an additional function of Digital well-being. Now you can Pause some apps to avoid the Notifications For a short time or a Long time. Some mobiles are made based on this scenario. To avoid distractions and get focused on what you are doing. Think you are Studying, and a Single Whatsapp message can redirect you. With the help of this feature, you can use only Study apps during your Study time.
It is like Parental Control, and you can control the App Timings within your Added Google Accounts.
Oreo, Pie Go Edition vs. Android 10 Go Edition
There are plenty of optimizations done, and I will cover some Important tweaks that we want.
Options moved to the Bottom position so that you can use comfortably in one hand.
Night Mode is available to reduce eye stress.
- Digital Wellbeing is available.
- Alternative Look added in Face Unlock. It allows us to combine different appearances like Glass, Without Glass, Cap, and Without Cap. Most of the time, your mobile will recognize this default. But when you face issues, you can use this feature.
- Notification Date and Time Size reduced. Now you can access more Toggles in the Notification bar.
You can quickly reply to messages within the notification bar.
Image thumbnails are available.
A new emojis suggestion is available. You can allow or disable this. Based on your conversation, your keyboard will suggest emojis.
The floating keyboard is available in all apps; it will be handy when using your mobile in landscape mode.
You can now set a custom touch and hold delay.
Always On Display
It has New clock styles. Charging Information is also available.
Re-organized Menus to find every essential and frequent usage easily.
Call History increased to Above 2000 entries.
Now you can manage contacts from various accounts with a new drawer menu.
Enhanced features are available now with AI Features.
- Samsung redesigned the Settings menu with accessible zoom functions.
Photo Editor App Available with Gallery Go and Samsung Gallery.
New Storage Analysis Tool is available to Monitor Storage and RAM Usage.
Samsung Health Steps counter available in the Notification Bar.
Other improvements and changes
Access Kids Home Available in the quick panel.
They removed Call stickers.
HEIF images support in Gallery and other apps.
- New Set of Emoji.
- Enhanced Adaptive Battery Improvements compare with the Pie version.
- Contaminant Detection- If any moistures are in your USB Ports, your mobile will alert you.
Selecting correct firmware is the Major step in this process. Based on your country or region, choose the firmware. It is a Manual ODIN process; You can flash the latest version. But if you use the sideload method, you should flash the next version of your mobile firmware, or the process may brick your device. There are plenty of features added. Improved gestures are one of the best features of this version. If you can’t find your region, you can flash the near region firmware. But, It should be within the same model number. After the flash, you can contact your Mobile Operator and configure your Network settings. There is a reason for Custom skin OS manufacturers are not doing regular patch updates. As per company stats, Only a tiny percentage of people are worried about the software updates.
Samsung Exclusively added some extra features in the Android 10 Go Edition. If you are already using Custom ROM, use this new OS for some weeks, and it will surely give you a unique experience.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate and Certified Android Developer, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.