Samsung Galaxy XCover 4s comes with the Pie 9.0 One UI firmware. The “S” model is entirely different from the Samsung Galaxy XCover 4. Xcover 4 model released in 2017 with the Nougat version. But this “S” Model released in 2019 with entirely different specs. It comes with 3 GB RAM and Exynos 7885 processor. The processor is similar to the Snapdragon 660 processor. The One UI is a great Custom Skin OS from Samsung still now. It works great with those specs. Special about this mobile is IP68 water and dust resistant. Xcover devices are rugged mobiles. Coming to firmware, If you are a regular user, you can update your mobile using Software update and Samsung SmartSwitch. If this method doesn’t work, you can use below ODIN method to flash firmware manually.
One UI Pie 9.0 Firmware Flash- Samsung Galaxy XCover 4s
Official OTA Method
If you want to update a security patch to the current month. Don’t go for the manual method. Try this Automatic method.
The process is straightforward and simple;
Go to your device setting menu and scroll down to the bottom
Tap on “Software Update”
You may have to refresh the page to start the OTA upgrade process.
Manual Method (SM-G398F, SM-G398FN)
- Check Your Device Mobile No. If you flash Different model number, you will lose some features based on your region.
- Battery Percentage Above 50.
- Backup Your Device.
Using ODIN Method
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock; you’ll find these options at Settings >>> Developer options. If you didn’t see the developer options on your settings menu, then go to about >>> build number; click on the “Build Number” row for about ten times regularly to activate “Developer Option” on your device.
- Download Samsung USB driver and install it on your PC.
- We are using third party software flashing. Download ODIN and install this also on your PC. In version, select Pie supporting version ODIN.
- Download Firmware From below links, For Samsung Galaxy XCover 4s Official Firmware.
- Select recent firmware. When selecting firmware refer- How to choose the correct firmware
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+ Home + Power Button and Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable, After Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After entering into Download Mode, it will say Warning, Press Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you did not get this message Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button then Browse for the Firmware file selects it. Tick the Auto-Reboot.
- Press Start wait for the tasks to complete. It will automatically reboot after the process ends.
- You can Check the Firmware Details->Settings->About->Version.
One UI Features
Content, settings, and every option are modified to use mobile in handy.
Options moved to the Bottom position so that you can use comfortably in one hand.
Night Mode available to reduce eye stress.
You can quickly reply to messages within the notification bar.
Image thumbnails are available.
New Unicode 11.0 emojis are available.
The floating keyboard is available in all apps; it will be handy when using your mobile in landscape mode.
You can now set a custom touch and hold delay.
Always On Display
New clock styles have been added, Charging Information is also available.
Menus have been reorganized to find every essential and frequent usage easily.
Now you can remap Bixby with the latest OTA.
Call History increased to 2000 entries (increased from 500 entries).
Now you can manage contacts from various accounts with a new drawer menu.
Enhanced features are available now with AI Features.
Photo Editor App Available.
New Storage Analysis Tool is available to Monitor Storage and RAM Usage.
Samsung Health Steps counter available in the Notification Bar.
Other improvements and changes
Access Kids Home Available in the quick panel.
Call stickers have been removed.
HEIF images are now supported in Gallery and other apps.
Selecting correct firmware is the Major step in this process. Based on your country or region choose the firmware. It is a Manual ODIN process; You can flash the latest version. But if you use the sideload method, you should flash the next version of your mobile firmware, or else the process may brick your device.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate and Certified Android Developer, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.