Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus is a Specs Beast. Yes Look at the Specs, It has 12 GB RAM and Snapdragon 855 Processor. Beyond the other features, In Both Hardware and Software, It is a great device. Even if there are plenty of apps running in Background, you will still have a lot of room for new apps. Why I am telling this is because, If you are in Double Mind Set, Whether you need root or not to enhance the performance. Trust Me; You Don’t need root to squeeze the performance. If you are a regular user, this process may feel hard for you. It required multiple flash and patch process. If you hate Samsung’s UI and Need custom ROM, Give some time for the new Samsung’s new One UI. It may not be better Custom Manufacturer OS like Oxygen OS. We can say, It is better Samsung OS.
If you are a Developer or Regular Root apps user, The great news is we have TWRP. So you can try multiple Custom ROMs and can reach all Root levels. But, you can’t root like Old method. We need to flash modified firmware. So, to reduce confusion, I split the Steps into two parts. The First one is preparing the patched firmware. And the Second one is flashing patched TWRP.
Table of Contents
Why should you Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus?
You should have a strong reason for rooting. Samsung Already released One UI 9.0 Pie and is already optimized. You have More than Enough 12 GB RAM to use daily apps without Lag. You can use this device without lag for years until Samsung mess with some Bloatware. But beyond, this not go reasons, you are addicted to some root apps, or you are a frequent user of some Custom OS, you can proceed further. But if you want to root because everybody is doing, I advise you, don’t root If you didn’t have any experience. For regular users, It can become a Nightmare.
How to Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Exynos SM-N975F Pie 9.0 using Magisk
First of all, thanks to topjohnwu – XDA Senior developer for finding this way and this genius is a one who discovered and maintaining Magisk. Additional to this we should thank XDA Developers- geiti94 and PiCkLeS for exploring the TWRP installing steps. Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Exynos International variants come with a flexible bootloader. This means that the smartphone can be easily rooted. Also, the device can accept to install TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery file/app alike. Don’t try with Snapdragon US Variants like Verizon devices. They come with locked Bootloader.
But In the below method, we are going to Root this device by using Magisk, and then we are going to install TWRP. Before this, In All Samsung devices, we Install TWRP first and Install Magisk Second hand. We are doing reverse here. You can install TWRP using the official App when it is released. TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file which must be installed on Samsung Galaxy devices because you can root them successfully. In this article, we explained the easiest method to follow and install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the latest version of Magisk into your Note 10 Plus to gain root access. Before sharing the tutorial, you may want to know that, with the TWRP recovery present on your device, you can easily install any custom ROM or firmware. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything will be explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
Check your device model number.
- Install Latest Magisk Manager.
Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
Backup your current files and data- Full Data Loss Process (save them on external storage).
- You cannot use Samsung Pay, Secured folder, and some official apps from Samsung.
- You can’t update your firmware, to get new firmware you have to follow the below steps with the latest firmware.
- Read full tutorial before the process.
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To do this; go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus.
Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system.
Also, download the ODIN software. Select above Oreo version in the ODIN list. Install ODIN on your PC.
Part 1: Installing Magisk Manager
- First, you should Install Patched Firmware using the below steps. Don’t skip this step.
Part 2: Installing TWRP with the help of Magisk Manager
- Download TWRP_3.3.1_N10+_N975.tar and copy it on your mobile.
- Download Note_10_Multidisabler_v3.zip and copy it on your PenDrive With Type-C OTG Cable. You can refer to the uses of OTG.
- Open Installed Magisk and Select Install in Magisk, It will ask For zip file and Patch Boot Image File. Select the Boot Image file (TWRP Image file).
Navigate to your downloaded TWRP and patch the TWRP.
- Wait for the process to complete, In the end, you will get magisk patched .tar file. The .tar file will be in the same folder where you have the Stock TWRP file.
- Copy magisk_patched.tar file to your PC.
Flash Patched TWRP using ODIN
- Should flash TWRP in the Same partition where you installed Patched Magisk.
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+ Volume Up Buttons and Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable, After Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After entering into Download Mode, it will say Warning, Press Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you did not get this message Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button then Browse for the Firmware file selects it. Un-Tick the Auto-Reboot.
- Press Start wait for the tasks to complete. After the process complete, Press Volume Down+ Power button to exit Download mode. When the screen goes off, Immediately Press Volume Up + Power buttons to boot into Recovery mode.
- After entering into TWRP recovery mode, Go to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Select Yes to wipe data. It will erase your saved data in your device. Don’t Boot into OS, Read below Boot stages before booting.
Flash multidisabler using TWRP
- Insert Your Pendrive with OTG Cable. Go to Install. Install downloaded multidisabler.zip file using TWRP. Go to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Select Yes to wipe data. It will erase your saved data in your device. Don’t Boot into OS, Read below Boot stages before booting.
Boot into Rooted and Non-Rooted OS
- Here is the beauty of the new method; you can Boot into both Rooted and Non-Rooted environments in the same mobile.
- Non-Rooted OS Boot– Press Power button. It will boot you to Normal OS. You have to set up your device like a new device.
- Boot into Rooted OS – Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release all the keys once the Bootloader warning appears. You have to set up your device like a new device. You can select the root status using Root Checker.
- Stock Recovery Boot – Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release Power key while you hold the Volume Up key.
Again Rooting is not necessary when you have this Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Flagship. You will not use Full 12 GB RAM in any situations. But, this RAM is like extra future safe. Refer- How much RAM you need. Rooting required regular optimizations. SO, you should think twice before rooting process. After the end of the process, You should not Boot into Normal OS Booting, by pressing the power button, after firmware flash. It will boot you to Non-Rooted environment. If you accidentally urged and boot frequently, Don’t panic, after setup everything, switch off your device and boot into Rooted OS using above mentioned keys. If you root your device, because of the battery drain issues, you can optimize your battery without root.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate and Certified Android Developer, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.