Google recently released a developer preview based on Android 11 for Android TV. In that Developer preview, there is a video of how to restart the rumored Google Android TV Dongle Sabrina. So, Google is officially working on Dongle. It has its separate remote—the code name mentioned as Sabrina. A dongle with Android TV support makes sense. Because most of the new Android TVs coming with Chromecast build-in. So, You don’t need to purchase Chromecast for casting your video from your mobile. Google needs a proper reason for its new streaming device. A device with Android TV is excellent. Some of the people have LED TVs but not with Android OS. They have to purchase separate Android TV boxes for accessing Android TV. The completion is less here. When Google makes Dongle do the same job, people always prefer brand products. So, Google has an advantage here.
Google Sabrina Android TV Dongle confirmed by Developer Preview 11
Google rolls out the Android 11 Developer Preview to Android TV on June 25, 2020. The update can be accessible in Google’s ADT-3 Android TV Box Developer Set. Yes, Google already released a TV Box that works as an Android TV when you connect it with non-Android TV. Since it is related to Developer product, Sometimes it may receive unstable updates. Also, It is one of the best Android TV boxes which comes with Play Store support.
In the preview, there is a video about how to restart a Sabrina Dongle. The Dongle has a “G” logo on it as per already leaked Sabrina images. The walkthrough added in Android 11, So Google Android TV Dongle may come with the Android 11 version.
Google Chromecast 2020 Sabrina Dongle Expecting Specs and Features
There is no official confirmation on Specs. But based on various sources and comparisons with other Android TV Sticks, We try to give some expecting specs and features from Google Sabrina. The following features are considered the device may come with Built-in Android TV.
- It may come with 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM. When you have Chromecast, you have minimal specs to cast media files. So, The hardware specs enough for running smoothly. But in the Android TV stick, you have to run the entire OS with the applications. Thus it needs additional specs. There is no chance that Google will add extra hardware like other manufacturers. They know their software and put what the device wants. There is always less RAM consuming lite versions for every app. But In my opinion, if they put 4GB RAM, It will be useful when dealing with High resource consuming apps.
- The OS version will be Android 11.
- The processor may come with a 64Bit Amlogic Quad-Core processor.
- The cost of the device may be around $80.
- Since it has Android TV, The Chromecast will come as a built-in feature. Most of the Android TVs nowadays have Chromecast built-in. So, You don’t need an additional device to attach in HDMI to cast your media files.
- It will support 4K HDR. The already existed Chromecast Ultra can stream videos in 4K HDR. Thus the upcoming device will have the latest features.
- Other than the specs mentioned above, Sabrina will have HDMI 2.0 support, Bluetooth 5.0, Dolby Audio, Dual-band Wi-Fi, and Type-C Port. Chromecast devices need an external power source. So, The Type-C port may is for power purposes, or The port is for external storage.
Stream Services Support
- You may already know when you have Google version of Android TV, Most of the Streaming services like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney+, HBO Now will work flawlessly. The same will goes for this device too. It has Youtube TV integrated.
- It will have a separate remote with minimal buttons but can complete all tasks. Some of the Android TVs may have a lot of buttons to reduce the type of work, But It will look like Old TV remote. If you notice Mi TV has minimal function remote, but it can do all tasks. When you go to the text area on the TV screen, The Well developed Android TV keyboard will appear, where you have numbers, small letters, and Capital letters, Symbols everything on the screen. You don’t have to press the same key multiple times to change the function.
Even if Chromecast has its unique features like supporting 4K stream in Stadia, The days where Chromecast is like a particular device is over. Most of the Android TVs come with Chromecast built-in. Thus Google needs to give a tool that should feel worthy of the price. The Google Sabrina Dongle is worth it Because Android TV Dongles are a non-touched space by Reputed companies. Xiaomi is also working on the Android TV Stick. Recently Mi Android TV stick available in Online stores for $49. It is still not released or announced by them.
When a trusted company makes the products, people don’t hesitate to buy with confidence. Also, most of the third-party devices don’t support Google Play Store and Protected streaming services like Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Google Play Movies. When the device is from Google, It helps to view most of the services without support issues. So, Google Sabrina is going to make good sales. The trusted sources are confirming the Dongle from Google. So, It will surely release in the future. What are your thoughts about Google Android TV Dongle? Did you use any Android TV boxes or stick?