Google always play with AR(Augmented Reality) stuff and make it available to regular people. Recently they made 3D AR animals that are accessible through Google search with your mobile browser. After selecting the animal, you can put them in your desired place. You can put them in the real size, or you can shrink them to an available location. People can use this AR to learn more about animals. For students, they can better understand how they look and how they act. In this list Now, Google introduced Jurassic World Dinosaurs in Google search AR 3D. When you have Android Mobiles or iOS, you can access them without any app. Your default browser is enough to view those Dinosaurs in your home surface. Google wants to travel back to us in time and visit those Dinosaurs in the real-world with the help of AR.
Reading about the massive giant dinosaurs and other creatures of ancient times is one thing, but looking at those ancient giants walking in your garden or even in your house is an entirely new experience. In 2019, in an I/O conference, google first time announced to add 3D animals’ model in its research program for visual learning about animal life and style. Using the augmented reality, which is commonly known as AR, google introduced 24 3D animal models later after that announcement.
AR vs. VR
VR is Virtual Reality- It means there is no real-world interaction. You are going to play a game or view objects that are available in the Graphics world. You can pretend to be there. Reality-based interaction games using VR. It will give you the experience of you presented there.
Augmented Reality is AR. It is a combination of the real world and computer-generated environment. With computer-generated perceptual information, the object looks almost real on your screen. It requires a lot of graphical rendering and millions of calculations to give an object close to the actual look.
Using AR, you can bring 3D objects into the current world surface using your mobile interface. You can see both real-world objects and 3D objects on the screen. AR is slowly becoming the future, and this technology is widely using in a lot of real-time scenarios like furniture fit in your home. Before buying furniture, you can check whether the furniture can fit in your home or blend style with your home. Some of the measuring Apps now using AR 3D.
New release of 3D dinosaurs’ model list
On 30th June 2020, google added ten dinosaurs’ models in its 3D model library. With the addition of these ten 3D models, the number of googles’ 3D animals has reached up to 54. These models have unique names associated with them, which are,
- Tyrannosaurus Rex
Features of the AR dinosaurs’ models
- Autoscaling: There was an issue fix of size with these dinosaurs’ models, unlike the Google previous AR models. These models have a new auto scale feature for androids in this release. This auto-scale feature resizes the dinosaurs to fit in your mobile screen or your space. Whereas, the “view actual size” function resizes the model to its original height and gives you a full-screen view of these dinosaurs. You can rotate it and resize it with two fingers gesture. Also, with the zoom-in feature, you can see even the minutest details of color, skin texture, and expressions.
- Roaring sound: An android 7 or 7+, AR Core-supported devices, you can hear the roaring of dinosaurs and thudding footsteps. These AR dinosaurs, using the Loudi’s “Jurassic World alive” game technology, and are the most realistic models released by google.
- View in your space: You can see these AR dinosaurs running and walking around in your home by using your area. You can adjust the dinosaurs in your room or your lounge, roaring.
Supported devices to show these real giants
There is some hardware limitation to see these 3D models; that’s why not every mobile phone or tablet can display these dinosaurs. You can get the display both on android and apple devices. For android, you must have an AR Core-supported device, with Android version 7 or higher. For IOS supported devices, you need iOS 11 or up to see these giants walking on your screen. If you have Google services for the AR Core app on your android phone, then your device is perfectly compatible to display these AR dinosaurs on your mobile screen. Make sure the updated version AR Core 1.16 is on your device.
How to access the Jurassic World Dinosaurs on your phone or tablet using Google search AR 3D?
On Android devices, type “dino” in the google search, and some roaring 3D AR dinosaurs will download and available on your screen.
ON iOS, search “dinosaur” on “google.com” in chrome or safari browser, and you will get the list of 3D AR models ready to move on your screen.
- Open Google Search in your Chrome Browser.
- Type one of the supporting dinosaur name. Example- T.Rex.
- Select Search. You will get a lot of information regarding particular Dinosaurs.
- Scroll down, and you can find the column with the animal icon and option as “View in 3D”.
- Select the option and choose “View in your space.” Allow Camera permission.
- Face the camera into the flat surface so that the AR can detect the correct space for the 3D Dinosaurs.
- When it can’t detect the surface, try with different areas. Sometimes it can’t put the 3D figures in a table like that.
- After AR out the 3D object, you can minimize and maximize the figure. You can also capture the image with your favorite Dinosaurs.
Google always use their search results one step further. In previous days, you can get maths problem results, timer like that within the search results. Now they are implementing a lot of app-based features like interactive 3D objects. Google already released a bunch of 3D AR animals that can be viewed using the browser. Instead of using heavy third-party apps, Google is bringing AR Jurassic World Dinosaurs within the browser. AR dinosaurs’ models are a great source of fun and learning. You can learn a lot of little details about animal life with these AR models. Did you try these AR models on your screen? Let us know in the comments.
Selva Ganesh is a Chief Editor of this Blog. He is a Computer Engineer, An experienced Android Developer, Professional Blogger & addicted Web Developer. He runs Android Infotech which offers Problem Solving Articles around the globe.