Even if Asus releases a bunch of mobiles, they always maintain Flagship mobiles under the Zenfone name. Asus Zenfone 6 comes with Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855 processor. It came with Pie 9.0 and got an Android 10. If you are a regular user, You don’t need root access to optimize your mobile performance. But when you are a regular root apps user or developer, you can root your Asus Zenfone 6 Android 10 version. In the following method, We are using TWRP. So, You can install custom ROMs on your mobile.
If you are a regular user, You don’t need to root to enhance the performance. You may consider Custom ROMs because you love to use Stock Android. But, Trust me, After using other ROMs for a few weeks, most of the time, you will back to Stock OS. I am saying this is why Asus Stock OS is way better than any other ROM manufacturer. Also, after the root, you will not get the official updates. Also, Rooted mobiles need regular manual optimizations. But When you have a proper reason, you are good to go. We use TWRP and Magisk in this process. So, You can install Magisk modules like flip to shhh and Stadia Module.
Table of Contents
Why should you Root Asus Zenfone 6 Android 10?
We should thank XDA Developers- mauronofrio and TWRP team for the root files. Without them, this method can’t happen. It would be best if you had a proper reason, and you know what you are doing. The Pro version has a minimum of 6/8 GB RAM and a Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855 processor; You can use this mobile without root for 3-4 Years If you use it correctly. Also, The Asus OS is better in both UI and performance. Don’t root because everybody is saying when you root your mobile; it can become the fastest. No. Rooting is to extract some performance from the device. But, you already have Powerful specs and software. So, If you are addicted to some root apps, you can root. But, if you want to test, I won’t recommend it.
How to Root Asus Zenfone 6 Android 10 (ZS630KL)
Asus Zenfone 6 International Variants comes with a flexible bootloader. Some Manufacturer devices come with a locked Bootloader. This means that different smartphone variants can be easily rooted. The device can also accept installing TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery file/app.
TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file that must be installed on your devices because you can root them successfully. This article explained the easiest method to follow and install TWRP recovery on Asus Zenfone 6. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the latest version of Magisk into your Asus Zenfone 6 to gain root access. Before sharing the tutorial, you may want to know that, with the TWRP recovery present on your device, you can easily install any custom ROM or firmware. Does it seem complicated? Relax; everything will be explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
Backup your current files and data, full data loss process (save them on external storage).
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To do this, go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode, OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in Asus Zenfone 6.
Also, download the ADB drivers. Install It on your PC.
- Download Magisk.Zip (Latest Version) and twrp-3.4.0-0-I0W1D-installer-Asus-Zenfone-6-A10.zip, Copy it to Your external memory Memory- OTG Memory.
Download, extract, and save the TWRP File in your PC and Mobile external Memory/ OTG Cable and rename it to recovery.img.
Unlock Bootloader using Official APK File in Asus Zenfone 6
- Download Asus Zenfone 6 Unlock Utility, Extract, and Install on your mobile. If you can’t Install, Enable Unknown Sources in Settings.
Open the app and follow On-Screen instructions.
- After the process completion, Your mobile’s Bootloader is unlocked. Reboot your mobile.
Check again to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode, OEM Unlock. Sometimes they disabled themselves after the boot.
Change Active Slot and Flash TWRP
- Switch off your device. Then, enter into Fastboot mode. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Down+ Power buttons at the same time for some time.
Press the Volume Up button to continue when you see the warning message.
Now, connect the Asus Zenfone 6 mobile to the computer via USB cable. Also, check your current active slot.
Go to the ADB and Fastboot folder, Launch the fastboot on your computer. Open a Command prompt on your PC and type the below command.
- fastboot devices
- It should display the connected devices. If you didn’t get the device, restart the command prompt and Disconnect, and Connect your mobile. If you are detected, type the below command and hit Enter.
- fastboot –set-active= <a/b>
- It will change your active slot. To check the status, type the below command, and hit enter. The command should change your slot from “a” to “b” or “b” to “a.”
- fastboot reboot bootloader
- After checkup with the active slot, Type the below command to flash TWRP on your mobile.
- fastboot flash boot recovery.img
- After the process is complete, It will boot into the temporary TWRP. Don’t Boot into standard OS until we flash magisk.
Install TWRP Installer, Magisk in your Asus Zenfone 6 using TWRP
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache Data.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select twrp-3.4.0-0-I0W1D-installer-Asus-Zenfone-6-A10.zip.
- Again return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select Magisk.zip.
- After the Installation, Reboot Your Mobile.
- You can also install Magisk Manager in your Mobile Applications. Install Root checker to check your Root status.
In my opinion, you don’t need to root for your Asus Zenfone 6 Android 10 version. With the best specs and Asus OS. They try their best to enhance performance in a very way. If you thought you could Improve Performance By root; With the Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855 processor and a minimum of 6/8 GB RAM, your device can perform well. If you don’t know how much RAM you need, You will never use this much RAM. Don’t Install any apps other than trusted sites on rooted devices. Third-party site apps can contain some background codes. So, Check twice before installing those apps. When you want to disable bloatware apps in your mobiles, you can do that without root. If you want to return to stock firmware, flash Asus Zenfone 6 Android 10 firmware. During this process, If you face any problems, comment below.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate and Certified Android Developer, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.