If we consider Samsung and Xiaomi mobiles to make better sales, We can count Asus mobiles in a good sales list. Even if the mobile industry is not a regular work for Asus initially, They try their best and grab their exclusive audience with the required specs lineup at a reasonable price. They release different variants based on the price. Asus Zenfone 5Z is a Flagship level mobile with Snapdragon 845 processor. Compare with another manufacturer OS, Asus Zenfone 5Z Zen UI is better. But when you want to use custom ROMs or Root apps, You can Root your Asus Zenfone 5Z Android 10 using the below method. The following method uses TWRP. So, you can install Custom ROMs.
If you are a regular user, You don’t need to root to enhance the performance. You may consider Custom ROMs because you love to use Stock Android. But, Trust me, After using other ROMs for a few weeks, most of the time, you will back to Stock OS. Why I am saying is, Asus Stock OS is way better than any other manufacturer ROMs. Also, after the root, you will not get the official updates. Also, Rooted mobiles need regular manual optimizations. But When you have a proper reason, you are good to go. We use TWRP and Magisk in this process. So, You can install Magisk modules like flip to shhh and Stadia Module.
Why should you Root Asus Zenfone 5Z Android 10?
We should thank XDA Developers- jackeagle and TWRP team for the root files. Without them, this method can’t happen. It would be best if you had a proper reason, and you know what you are doing. The Pro version has a minimum of 4-8 GB RAM and Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 processor; You can use this mobile without root for 3-4 Years If you use correctly. Also, The Asus OS is better in both UI and performance. Don’t root because everybody is saying when root your mobile, it can become the fastest. No. Rooting is to extract some performance from the device. But, you already have Powerful specs and software. So, If you are addicted to some root apps, you can root. But, if you want to test, I won’t recommend it.
How to Root Asus Zenfone 5Z Android 10 (ZS620KL)
Asus Zenfone 5Z International Variants comes with a flexible bootloader. Some Manufacturer devices come with a locked Bootloader. This means that different smartphone variants can be easily rooted. The device can also accept installing TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery file/app.
TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file that must be installed on your devices because you can root them successfully. This article explained the easiest method to follow and install TWRP recovery on Asus Zenfone 5Z. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the latest version of Magisk into your Asus Zenfone 5Z to gain root access. Before sharing the tutorial, you may want to know that, with the TWRP recovery present on your device, you can easily install any custom ROM or firmware. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything will be explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
Backup your current files and data, full data loss process (save them on external storage).
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To do this; go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode, OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in Asus Zenfone 5Z.
Also, download the ADB drivers. Install It on your PC.
- Download Magisk.Zip (Latest Version) and twrp-installer-Z01RD-3.4.0-Zenfone-5Z-A10.zip, Copy it to Your external memory Memory- OTG Memory.
Download, extract, and save the TWRP File in your PC and Mobile external Memory/ OTG Cable and rename it to recovery.img.
Unlock Bootloader using Official APK File in Asus Zenfone 5Z
- Download Asus Zenfone 5Z Unlock Utility, Extract, and Install on your mobile. If you can’t Install, Enable Unknown Sources in Settings.
Open the app and follow On-Screen instructions.
- After the process completion, Your mobile’s Bootloader is unlocked. Reboot your mobile.
Check again enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode, OEM Unlock. Sometimes they disabled themselves after the boot.
Change Active Slot and Flash TWRP
- Switch off your device. Then, enter into Fastboot mode. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up+ Power buttons at the same time for some time.
Press the Volume Up button to continue when you see the warning message.
Now, connect the Asus Zenfone 5Z mobile to the computer via USB cable. Also, check your current active slot.
Go to the ADB and Fastboot folder, Launch the fastboot on your computer. Open a Command prompt on your PC and type the below command.
- fastboot devices
- It should display the connected devices. If you didn’t get the device, restart the command prompt and Disconnect, and Connect your mobile. If you are detected, type the below command and hit Enter.
- fastboot –set-active= <a/b>
- It will change your active slot. To check the status, type the below command, and hit enter. The command should change your slot from “a” to “b” or “b” to “a.”
- fastboot reboot bootloader
- After checkup with the active slot, Type the below command to flash TWRP on your mobile.
- fastboot flash boot recovery.img
- After the process complete, It will boot into the temporary TWRP. Don’t Boot into standard OS until we flash magisk.
Install TWRP Installer, Magisk in your Asus Zenfone 5Z using TWRP
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache Data.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select twrp-installer-Z01RD-3.4.0-Zenfone-5Z-A10.zip.
- Again return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select Magisk.zip.
- After the Installation Reboot Your Mobile.
- You can also install Magisk Manager in your Mobile Applications. Install Root checker to check your Root status.
In my opinion, you don’t need root for your Asus Zenfone 5Z Android 10 version. With the best specs and Asus OS. They try their best to enhance performance in a very way. If you thought you could Improve Performance By root; With the Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 processor and a minimum of 4 GB RAM, your device can perform well. If you don’t know how much RAM you need, You will never use this much RAM. Don’t Install any apps other than trusted sites on rooted devices. Third-party site apps can contain some background codes. So, Check twice before installing those apps. When you want to disable bloatware apps in your mobiles, you can do that without root. If you want to return to stock firmware, flash Asus Zenfone 5Z Android 10 firmware. During this process, If you face any problem, comment below.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.