Security measures are advancing in Android Mobiles. So, The process of making Root and Custom ROMs become harder. It becomes harder, not possible until now. When you compare with the older Android versions, the process of making Root is a piece of cake. Until the Oreo version, Samsung TWRP based Root methods is not complicated. But, After the Pie version, the process needs some additional steps. Samsung Galaxy M30s already got One UI 2.0 based on Android 10. The release is even better, and well-optimized compare with the One UI Pie version. So, Before making Root on your Samsung Galaxy M30s, you should have strong reasons. When you are a regular user, you can use your mobile without Root, or you can try some alternatives. This method is entirely different from older techniques. So, read the guide thoroughly before starting the process. It will help you to make ready some files during the process.
Why should you Root Samsung Galaxy M30s?
You should have a strong reason for rooting. Samsung Already released One UI 2.0 based on Android 10 and is already optimized. You have More than Enough 4/6 GB RAM to use daily apps without lag for years. Yes, I Know, RAM maybe looks like not enough because of the Samsung Heavily customized OS. But, Trust me, One UI is far better than other Custom Skin OS. You can use this device without lag for years until Samsung mess with some Bloatware. But beyond, this not go reasons, you are addicted to some root apps, or you are a frequent user of some Custom OS, you can proceed further. But if you want to root because everybody is doing, I advise you, don’t root If you didn’t have any experience. For regular users, It can become a Nightmare.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy M30s Android 10 One UI 2.0 (SM-M3070, SM-M307F, SM-M307FN)
First of all, thanks to the developer for the Root method. santhoosh and topjohnwu – this genius is one who discovered and maintaining Magisk. Samsung Galaxy M30s International variants come with a flexible bootloader. This means that the smartphone can be easily rooted. Also, the device can accept to install TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery file/app alike.
In the below method, we are going to Root this device by using TWRP and Magisk. The process is based on Unofficial TWRP. You can install Official TWRP using the official app when it is released. TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file that must be installed on your devices because you can root them successfully. In this article, we explained the easiest method to follow and install Magisk on Samsung Galaxy M30s. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
You can flash TWRP once it is available. With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the Custom ROMs into your Samsung Galaxy M30s. Before sharing the tutorial, you may want to know that, with the Magisk present on your device, you can easily install any root apps. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything will be explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
Check your device model number.
- Install Latest Magisk Manager.
Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
Backup your current files and data- Full Data Loss Process (save them on external storage).
- You cannot use Samsung Pay, Secured folder, and some official apps from Samsung.
- You can’t update your firmware, to get new firmware you have to follow the below steps with the latest firmware.
- Read the full tutorial before the process.
1. Unlock Bootloader
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To do this; go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in the Samsung Galaxy M30s.
- Switch off your device. Enter into Download Mode-> Volume Down+ Volume Up and Connect your mobile with PC using USB Cable. When Download mode warning screen Appears, Press Volume Up button to unlock Bootloader.
- The above process will wipe your User Data. After Setup your device, Please recheck the OEM Unlock in the settings. Sometimes It Will Lock Again.
2. Necessary Download files
Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system.
Also, download the ODIN software. Select the above Oreo version in the ODIN list. Install ODIN on your PC.
- Download M30s Android 10 Magisk patched TWRP.tar and copy it on your PC.
- Download DM-verity disabler.zip and Magisk.zip files (Don’t download .apk file), copy it on your Pendrive With OTG Cable. You can refer to the uses of OTG. (Or, you can prefer external SD Card)
- Download Samsung Galaxy M30s Firmware and save it on your PC. Your Current OS version and Downloaded Version AP and CSC should be the Same.
- You can use Phone Info to know your firmware version.
3. Preparing Patched Boot and Vbmeta Image files
- Download 7Zip-ZS, LZ4, and Install both on your PC. Extract the files in downloaded firmware using 7Zip-ZS. You will get four files. Click on the AP File and Extract again. You will get some data along with the boot.img.lz4 and vmbeta.img.lz4.
- Copy the boot.img.lz4 and vmbeta.img.lz4 to LZ4 Installed folder. Convert lz4 file to .img file by dragging the .img file to the lz4 application file. You have to drag the file to that application. The script will automatically convert the file to .img format. After the convert, Copy boot and Vbmeta — img file to your mobile.
- Download Magisk Manager (Download Latest version) or Magisk canary and Install it on your mobile. Open Installed Magisk and Select Install in Magisk; it will ask For zip file and Patch Boot Image File. Select the Boot Image file.
Navigate to your copied Boot Image File and patch the file.
- Wait for the process to complete, In the end, you will get magisk patched .img file. Rename this file into the boot.img again.
- Now do the same patch process for vbmeta.img, and you will get magisk patched .img file. Rename this file to vbmeta.img.
- Now copy both files to your PC. Drag those files into the downloaded patched TWRP.tar file. Now you can see there are three files within the TWRP.tar file. Don’t extract the data. The three files contain a single .tar file that should be flashed using ODIN.
4. Flash TWRP using ODIN
- Connect your USB cable with PC. Switch off your device. Then, enter into Download mode. To do this, press and hold Volume Down+ Volume Up Buttons and Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable, After Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
Press the Volume Up button to continue when you see the warning message.
Now, connect the Samsung Galaxy M30s mobile to the computer via USB cable.
Launch the Odin app on your computer. If the device is detected by this app (Odin), it will show you a message that reads – added!!!
- However, if the device is not correctly connected to the PC, you won’t see this message. So, you have to check the USB cable if it is reasonable and reconnect the device.
After connecting the Samsung device, click on the PDA/PA/AP button to browse/search and get the TWRP from where you saved it on your PC. Also, navigate to “options” and Un-tick the Auto-Reboot.
Click on “Start”
Once the file is loaded into the device, reboot your device.
Kudos, you have just Installed the TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy M30s. If you installed TWRP, Don’t turn on your mobile. Immediately, move to Magisk Installation steps. Press the Volume Down+Power button to exit Download mode and quickly press Volume Up+ Volume Down+ Power Button to boot into Recovery mode.
4.1 Install DM-verity disabler and Magisk in your Samsung Galaxy M30s using TWRP
- Now you are in TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache Data. You can also take complete backup using TWRP. It will help you when something goes wrong.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select DM-verity disabler.zip.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select Magisk.zip.
- You should Install One by One. Don’t add more zips feature in TWRP. After the Installation Reboot Your Mobile.
- You can also install Magisk.apk in your Mobile Applications. DM-verity is used to avoid the Encryption issue after rooting. You can check your root status using Root Checker.
- If you didn’t find Magisk in App Drawer, you should Install the Magisk app again.
In my opinion, you don’t need rooting for your Samsung Galaxy M30s. If you thought you could Improve Performance By Root; With the Exynos 9611 Octa-Core processor and 4/6 GB RAM, your device can perform well. If you don’t know how much RAM you need, You will never use this much RAM. You should not Boot into Normal OS Booting, by pressing the power button, after firmware flash. It will boot you to a Non-Rooted environment. So, you should pay attention to the first recovery boot step.
If you root your device, because of the battery drain issues, you can optimize your battery without Root. Beyond this, if your purpose is to Disable Bloatware apps, you can do that without using this method. This method is based on TWRP custom recovery. Thus you can install Custom ROMs. When you have any suggestions or doubts, comment below.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.