Having Open source OS in your mobile leads to a lot of third-party development. Android is an Open source OS, Thus a lot of small developers doing their part to solve different issues. But Most of the time, Android mobiles come with locked Bootloader and some security measures to prevent the mobile from Rooting. It is a good take for avoiding issues for regular users. This kind of action hardens the process of Rooting in Android 10. So, The steps involved in Rooting your mobile become a little bit tricky and need additional steps. Below we mentioned step by step guide to Root Samsung Galaxy A70 Android 10 version. The below method will work on most of the variants unless you have carrier bootloader locked mobiles.
After root, you will lose official updates. You have to update your mobile manually. So, Before proceeding with the process, you should know why you need to do it. So, If you are a regular user, you can try some alternatives for your purpose that doesn’t require root. When you are a regular root apps user and developer, you can follow the below guide to achieve root on your mobile.
Table of Contents
Should you need to Root your Samsung Galaxy A70 Android 10 version?
You should have a strong reason for rooting. Samsung Already released One UI 2.0 based on Android 10 and is already optimized. You have More than Enough 6-8 GB RAM to use daily apps without lag for years. Yes, I Know, RAM maybe looks like not enough because of the Samsung Heavily customized OS. But, Trust me, One UI is far better than other Custom Skin OS. You can use this device without lag for years until Samsung mess with some Bloatware. But beyond, this not go reasons, you are addicted to some root apps, or you are a frequent user of some Custom OS, you can proceed further. But if you want to root because everybody is doing, I advise you, don’t root If you didn’t have any experience. For regular users, It can become a Nightmare.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A70 Android 10 One UI 2.0 (SM-A7050, SM-A705F, SM-A705FN, SM-A705GM, SM-A705MN, SM-A705YN)
First of all, thanks to the developer for the Root method- Dark and topjohnwu – this genius is one who discovered and maintaining Magisk. Samsung Galaxy A70 International variants come with a flexible bootloader. It means that the smartphone can be easily rooted. Also, the device can accept to install TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery file/app alike.
In the below method, we are going to Root this device by using TWRP and Magisk. The process uses Unofficial TWRP. You can install Official TWRP using the official app when it is released. TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file that must be installed on your devices because you can root them successfully. In this article, we explained the easiest method to follow and install Magisk on Samsung Galaxy A70. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
You can flash TWRP once it is available. With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the Custom ROMs into your Samsung Galaxy A70. Before sharing the tutorial, you may want to know that, with the Magisk present on your device, you can easily install any root apps. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything will be explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
Check your device model number.
- You should Backup your current files and data- Full Data Loss Process (save them on external storage).
- Install Latest Magisk Manager.
Make sure your device battery is above 50%
- You cannot use Samsung Pay, Secured folder, and some official apps from Samsung.
- You can’t update your firmware, to get new firmware you have to follow the below steps with the latest firmware.
- Read the full tutorial before the process.
1. Unlock Bootloader
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To do this; go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in the Samsung Galaxy A70.
- Switch off your device. Enter into Download Mode-> Volume Down+ Volume Up and Connect your mobile with PC using USB Cable. When Download mode warning screen Appears, Press Volume Up button to unlock Bootloader.
- The above process will wipe your user data. After Setup your device, Please recheck the OEM Unlock in the settings. Sometimes It Will Lock Again.
2. Necessary Download files
Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system.
Also, download the ODIN software. Select the above Oreo version in the ODIN list. Install ODIN on your PC.
- Download Samsung Galaxy A70 Android 10 Firmware and save it on your PC. Your Current OS version and Downloaded Version AP and CSC should be the Same.
- You can use Phone Info to know your firmware version.
3. Preparing Patched Recovery and Vbmeta Image files
- Download 7Zip-ZS, LZ4, and Install both on your PC. Extract the files in downloaded firmware using 7Zip-ZS. You will get four files. Click on the AP File and Extract again. You will get some data along with the recovery.img.lz4 and vmbeta.img.lz4.
- Copy the recovery.img.lz4 and vmbeta.img.lz4 to LZ4 Installed folder. Convert lz4 file to .img file by dragging the .img file to the lz4 application file. You have to drag the file to that application. The script will automatically convert the file to .img format after they convert, Copy recovery, and Vbmeta — img file to your mobile.
- Download Magisk Manager (Download Latest version) or Magisk canary and Install it on your mobile. Open Installed Magisk and Select Install in Magisk; it will ask For zip file and Patch Recovery Image File. Select the Recovery Image file.
Navigate to your copied Recovery Image File and patch the file.
- Wait for the process to complete, In the end, you will get magisk patched .img file. Rename this file into the recovery.img again.
- Now do the same patch process for vbmeta.img, and you will get magisk patched .img file. Rename this file to vbmeta.img.
- Now copy both files to your PC. Delete recovery.img.lz4 and vmbeta.img.lz4 files in the extracted AP folder. Drag patched recovery.img and Vbmeta.img files into the downloaded AP Folder file. Zip the AP folder file in .zip format using 7Zip.
- We have modified recovery and Vbmeta files in the AP zip file. This .zip file should be flashed using ODIN.
4.Flash Patched AP file using ODIN
- Due to Samsung’s new security restrictions, we can’t flash TWRP with Stock recovery and Vbmeta on your mobile. So, we have to flash a patched AP using ODIN. Once we get stable TWRP, we can flash after rooting using this method.
- Unlock your screen lock. There should be no fingerprint, PIN Lock, Wipe. Set No lock in the settings.
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+ Volume Up Buttons and Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable, After Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After entering into Download Mode, it will say Warning, Press Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you did not get this message, Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button, then Browse for the patched Magisk .tar file select it. Along with this file, you should not select and flash the other three non-patched firmware files. We have to flash only the magisk patched AP file. Un-Tick the Auto-Reboot.
- Press Start wait for the tasks to complete. After the process complete, Press Volume Down+ Power button to exit Download mode. When the screen goes off, Immediately Press Volume Up+ Power Button to boot into Recovery mode.
- After entering into Stock recovery mode, Go to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Select Yes to wipe data. It will erase your saved data in your device. Don’t Boot into OS, Read below Boot stages before booting.
Boot into Rooted OS
- Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release all the keys once the Bootloader warning appears. You have to set up your device like a new device. You can select the root status using the Root Checker.
- Stock Recovery Boot – Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release keys while you hold the Volume Up key.
- You will see Magisk Manager in your App drawer. If you can’t find the app, you can install Magisk Manager on your mobile.
In my opinion, you don’t need rooting for your Samsung Galaxy A70. If you thought you could Improve Performance By Root; With the Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 Octa-Core processor and 6-8 GB RAM, your device can perform well. If you don’t know how much RAM you need, You will never use this much RAM. You should not Boot into Normal OS Booting, by pressing the power button, after firmware flash. It will boot you to a Non-Rooted environment. So, you should pay attention to the first recovery boot step.
If you root your device, because of the battery drain issues, you can optimize your battery without root. Beyond this, if your purpose is to Disable Bloatware apps, you can do that without using this method. This method is based on TWRP custom recovery. Thus you can install Custom ROMs. When you have any suggestions or doubts, comment below.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate and Certified Android Developer, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.