Compare with regular mobiles; Tablets are using for lite works like watching videos and presentations. So, Whoever buys Tablets always uses their device for long years. Even if you have powerful specs, in the long run, It may provide poor performance. Since Samsung uses custom skin OS, It may use additional resources. But after One UI was released, The usage is smooth and correctly utilize the available resources. But when you face any issues on your device, you can root your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 Android 11 using the below method. Since we are using the Magisk only method, We can’t install custom ROMs, But we can install most of the root required apps.
After root, you will lose official updates. You have to update your mobile manually. So, Before proceeding with the process, you should know why you need to do it. If you are a regular user, you can try some alternatives for your purpose that don’t require root. When you are a regular root apps user and developer, you can follow the below guide to achieve root on your mobile.
Should you need to Root your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 Android 11 version?
It would be best if you had a strong reason for rooting. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 already comes with One UI 3.1 based on Android 11 and optimized. You have More than Enough 2/3 GB of RAM to use daily apps without lag for years. Yes, I Know; RAM maybe looks like not enough because of the Samsung Heavily customized OS. But, Trust me, One UI is far better than other Custom Skin OS. You can use this device without lag for years until Samsung mess with some Bloatware. Beyond that not go reasons, you are addicted to some root apps, or you are a frequent user of some Custom OS, you can proceed further. But if you want to root because everybody is doing it, I advise you, don’t root If you didn’t have any experience. For regular users, It can become a Nightmare.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 Android 11 One UI 3.1 (SM-T510/ SM-T515/ SM-515N/ SM-T517)
First of all, thanks to the developer- KingCheetah, for the Root method. topjohnwu – this genius is the one who discovered and maintaining Magisk. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 International variants come with a flexible bootloader. It means that We can easily root the smartphone. The device can also accept installing TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery file/app. Don’t try with Snapdragon US Variants like Verizon devices. They come with a locked Bootloader.
But In the below method, we are going to Root this device by using Magisk. You can install Official TWRP using the official app when it is released. However, TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file that we must install on your devices because you can root them successfully. This article explained the easiest method to follow and install Magisk on Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
You can flash TWRP once it is available. With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the Custom ROMs into your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019. Before sharing the tutorial, you may want to know that you can easily install any root apps with the Magisk present on your device. Does it seem complicated? Relax; We will explain everything succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
Check your device model number.
- You should back up your current files and data- Full Data Loss Process (save them on external storage).
- Install Latest Magisk Manager.
Make sure your device battery is above 50%
- You cannot use Samsung Pay, Secured folder, and some official apps from Samsung.
- You can’t update your firmware; to get new firmware, you must follow the below steps with the latest firmware.
- Read the full tutorial before the process.
1. Unlock Bootloader
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To do this, go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019.
- Switch off your device. Enter into Download Mode-> Volume Down+ Volume Up Button and Connect your mobile with PC using USB Cable. When the Download mode warning screen Appears, Press the Volume Up button to unlock the Bootloader.
- The above process will wipe your user data. After setup your device, Please recheck the OEM Unlock in the settings. Sometimes It Will Lock Again.
2. Preparing Patched Boot Image file
Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system.
Also, download the ODIN software. Select the above Oreo version in the ODIN list. Then, install ODIN on your PC.
- Download Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 Android 11 Firmware and save it on your PC. Your Current OS version and Downloaded Version AP and CSC should be the Same.
- You can use Phone Info to know your firmware version.
- Download 7Zip-ZS, LZ4, and Install both on your PC. Extract the files in downloaded firmware using 7Zip-ZS. You will get four files. Click on the AP File and Extract again. You will get some data along with the boot.img.lz4 and Vbmeta.img.lz4.
- Copy the boot.img.lz4 and Vbmeta.img.lz4 to LZ4 Installed folder. Convert the lz4 file to the .img file by dragging the .img file to the lz4 application file. You have to drag the file to that application. The script will automatically convert the file to .img format. After the conversion, Copy boot and Vbmeta — img file to your mobile.
- Download Magisk Manager (Download Latest version) or Magisk canary and Install it on your mobile. Open Installed Magisk and Select Install in Magisk; it will ask For zip file and Patch Boot Image File. Select the Boot Image file.
Navigate to your copied Boot Image File and patch the file.
- Wait for the process to complete; you will get a magisk patched .tar file in the end. The .tar file will be in the same folder where you have the Stock firmware file. If you didn’t get the .tar and you got the .img file. No problem. Copy this file to your PC. We can convert the data there.
- When you get the .img file, Open the installed 7zip app. Navigate the magisk patched img file and select Add, Choose .tar format and choose ok. Convert only boot—img file. After you got boot.tar, Drag the Vbmeta. img into boot.tar. Now we got ODIN flashable boot.tar file. In the .tar, there are two file-boot.img and Vbmeta.img.
3. Flash Patched Boot and Vbmeta Image.tar using ODIN
- Due to Samsung’s new security restrictions, we can’t flash TWRP with Stock Boot on your mobile. So, we have to flash a patched boot using ODIN.
- Unlock your screen lock. There should be no fingerprint, PIN Lock, Wipe. Set No lock in the settings.
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down Button and Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable; after Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After entering into Download Mode, it will say Warning; press the Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you did not get this message, Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button, Browse for the patched Magisk .tar file selects it. Along with this file, you should select and flash the other three non-patched firmware files. We have to flash only the magisk patched boot image file. Un-Tick the Auto-Reboot.
- Press Start wait for the tasks to complete. After the process is complete, Press the Volume Down+ Power button to exit Download mode. When the screen goes off, Immediately Press Volume Up+ Volume Down + Power buttons to boot into Recovery mode.
- After entering into Stock recovery mode, Go to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Select Yes to wipe data. It will erase your saved data on your device. Don’t Boot into OS; read below Boot stages before booting.
Boot into Rooted OS
If your Magisk Ramdisk says “No” value, you can use the below methods to boot into various environments.
- Next, you have to set up your device like a new device. Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release all the keys once the Bootloader warning appears. Then, you can select the root status using the Root Checker.
- Stock Recovery Boot – Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release keys while you hold the Volume Up key.
- You will see Magisk Manager in your App drawer. If you can’t find the app, you can install Magisk Manager on your mobile.
In my opinion, you don’t need to root your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 Android 11. If you thought you could Improve Performance By root; With the Exynos 7904 Octa-Core processor and 2/3 GB RAM. If you don’t know how much RAM you need, You will never use this much RAM. It would help if you did not Boot into Normal OS Booting by pressing the power button after firmware flash. It will boot you to a Non-Rooted environment.
When you accidentally urge and boot frequently, Don’t panic; after setup everything, switch off your device and boot into Rooted OS using the above-mentioned keys. If you root your device because of the battery drain issues, you can optimize your battery without root. Beyond this, if your purpose is to Disable Bloatware apps, you can do that without using this method. When you have any suggestions or doubts, comment below.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate and Certified Android Developer, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.