Samsung Galaxy J4 Core comes with Oreo 8.1 Go Edition as a default OS. There may be a chance to get Pie 9.0 for this mobile. Because Samsung has a habit of rolling out One Must Major upgrade for the mid-range devices. If you are a regular user, you can try with a Software update in settings or Samsung SmartSwitch. When these two methods are not worked, you can try with this ODIN method. If you are a root user, you should flash this firmware using Flashify app. Or Else you will lose root access. When you plan to flash the other region update, to get some Region restricted features, you should configure your mobile network settings. You can get these details from your Mobile Operator.
Oreo 8.1 Firmware Flash- Samsung Galaxy J4 Core
Official OTA Method
If you want to update a security patch to the current month. Don’t go for manual method. Before that method, try this OTA Method.
The process is simple and straightforward;
Go to your device setting menu and scroll down to the bottom
Tap on “Software Update”
You may have to refresh the page to start the OTA upgrade process.
Manual Method ( SM-J410F/ SM-J410G )
- Check Your Device Mobile No. If you flash Different model number, you will lose some features based on your region.
- Battery Percentage Above 50.
- Backup Your Device.
Using ODIN Method
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock; you’ll find these options at Settings >>> Developer options. If you didn’t see the developer options on your settings menu, then go to about >>> build number; click on the “Build Number” row for about ten times regularly to activate “Developer Option” on your device.
- Download Samsung USB driver and install it in your PC.
- We are using third party software flashing. Download ODIN and install this also in your PC. In ODIN version, select Oreo supporting version ODIN.
- Download Firmware For Samsung Galaxy J4 Core Official Firmware. Select recent firmware. When selecting firmware, refer- How to choose correct firmware.
- If the above mirror not working, try the secondary mirror.
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+ Volume Up + Power Buttons. Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable, After Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After entering into Download Mode, it will say Warning Press Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- Extract the downloaded firmware .zip file.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you did not get this message Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button then Browse for the file select it. Un-Tick the Auto-Reboot. Same goes for all the extracted data.
- Press Start wait for the tasks to complete. It will automatically reboot after the process ends.
- You can Check the Firmware Details->Settings->About->Version.
Samsung Galaxy Oreo 8.1 Features
This firmware updates your mobile to Oreo 8.1 which is based on Go Edition. Most of the features are same as Samsung regular Oreo version, But some apps based on Web Apps.
- 2X More storage available compares with the Ordinary Oreo version. 8 GB ROM in Go edition may have more storage compared with the regular OS.
Smaller app size
- The same app in regular device with 40 MB will be 2 MB or less in Go Edition.
- Even if it has low specs, Google Assistant Built in to Assist you.
- Unlike Android One edition, Android Go can have customized skin. So Samsung added it’s apps like Gallery, Samsung Internet, File Manager.
- You can use a separate messaging account and use simultaneously.
- Search results from all in-Built apps and New results are added from Galaxy Apps and Google Play
- Whole new, Redesigned Icons and Shortcuts.
- Now you can manage notifications based on their categories.
- You can easily sync your photos and files with Samsung cloud. (In-Built)
SmartThings (formerly Samsung Connect)
- Control your Samsung Devices with Bixby or using this app.
- Improved settings and GIF Emoji Added. Emoji 11.0 Added.
- Find My Mobile improved with Custom Maps.
Selecting correct firmware is the Major step in this process. If you follow all steps correctly, you can quickly flash firmware in your Samsung Galaxy J4 Core. If you face any problem or if you need any additional mirrors comment below.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate and Certified Android Developer, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.
Leave a Reply