When you are using Unlocked variants of your mobile, you can always get the updates most of the time, compare with carrier-locked mobiles. This will be true when we considering Samsung phones. After One UI update, Samsung knows the importance of the UI. When manufacturers are releasing late updates, It doesn’t mean they are weak in support. Updates should make sense and helpful to users. That is the primary goal. Samsung released One UI 2.0 based on Android 10 version to Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Unlocked USA Variants. You can always update your mobile using the Software update option in settings. But, When you can’t do that, try with Samsung SmartSwitch before this method, If you have a regular non-rooted mobile. When that method fails, you can use this ODIN based manual method.
You can also use this method to Unbrick your mobile. There are plenty of features added. Direct Google Play Store Security patch updates, Enhanced Privacy, and Improved Gestures are some noticeable general features in the Android 10 version. Samsung Exclusively added some extra features. If you are a Rooted user, flash the Magisk after you flash the firmware, or Else you will lose root access. If you are already using Custom ROM, use this new OS for some weeks. It will surely give you a unique experience.
One UI 2.0 Official Stable Stock Android 10 Firmware Flash- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Unlocked USA SM-N970U1
Official OTA Method
If you want to update a security patch to the current month. Don’t go for the manual method. Try this Automatic method.
The process is straightforward and simple;
Go to your device setting menu and scroll down to the bottom
Tap on “Software Update”
You may have to refresh the page to start the OTA upgrade process. Before making OTA updates take some precautions.
Manual Method (SM-N970U1)
- Check Your Device Mobile No. If you flash Different model number, you will lose some features based on your region.
- Battery Percentage Above 50.
- Backup Your Device.
Using ODIN Method
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock; you’ll find these options at Settings >>> Developer options. If you didn’t see the developer options on your settings menu, then go to about >>> build number; click on the “Build Number” row for about ten times regularly to activate “Developer Option” on your device.
- Download Samsung USB driver and install it on your PC.
- We are using third party software flashing. Download ODIN and install this also on your PC. In version, select the latest version ODIN.
- Download Firmware From below links, For Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Official Firmware.
- Select recent firmware. When selecting firmware refer- How to choose the correct firmware
- If you confused based on the region, refer to the list below.
- ATT- AT&T USA
- TMB- T-Mobile
- BST- Boost Mobile
- VZW- Verizon Wireless
- TFN- Tracfone
- SPR- Sprint
- USC- US Cellular
- VMU- Virgin Mobile
- If the above mirror not working, try the secondary mirror.
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+ Volume Up Button and Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable, After Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After entering into Download Mode, it will say Warning, Press Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you did not get this message Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button, then Browse for the Firmware file selects it. Tick the Auto-Reboot.
- Press Start wait for the tasks to complete. It will automatically reboot after the process ends.
- You can Check the Firmware Details->Settings->About->Version.
One UI 2.0 Features
One UI 2.0 is created based on Android 10. Samsung Always Add extra features on the OS. I listed Both Regular Android 10 Features and Some Exclusive One UI Features. We already covered Exclusive One UI 2.0 features that only available in Samsung Devices.
You know this already, If you turn on Subtitles in the Youtube, It will auto-generate the captions. The Same functionality can be work on all over your device videos. It Doesn’t require Wi-Fi/ Data. This feature not yet available. But, It will be rolling out soon.
Currently, limited languages are available as per Google Data.
It is already available in the Pie version. But it is limited. Now you can explore more actions when you get the messages. You can Open Links, Open Apps based on the messages.
We always do this using Third-party apps. Now we can adjust the Volume and Tune, Equalize using the in-built feature. You can do a lot of things like Reduce noise, Enhance the Tune like that.
Enhanced Gesture Navigation
The True Gesture Navigation has finally arrived. It may not be best compare with OnePlus devices, But It is way better than the Pie 9.0 version. If you swipe From Left to Right, It goes forward. Right to Left goes Backward. Home button work as usual. You can access recently used apps By Swiping Quarter Screen to the Top. Simple Navigation to avoid confusion.
It is not like Night Mode. It didn’t add a filter in the Display. If you have OLED Display, It will surely save your battery power from 5-30% based on your usage.
Google always added enhanced Privacy features in every Android version. In the 10th version, You can handle your Privacy lot better. It will always tell you when your installed apps access your location in the Background. So, that you can manage whether you need that permission on Always or During the app usage.
Direct System Updates
Unlike regular OTA updates from your Manufacturers, the regular patch updates will be handled by Google After you updated to Android 10 version. This update happens using your Google Play App. If you have Custom Skin OS from your Manufacturer, Google will not change the UI. They will handle only Patch updates. This is one of the most critical steps taken from their side. It will help all the users who are tired of their Manufacturer Late updates.
It can be an additional function of Digital Wellbeing. Now you can Pause some apps to avoid the Notifications For a short time or a Long time. Some mobiles are made based on this scenario. To avoid distractions and get focused on what you are doing. Think you are Studying, and Single Whatsapp message can redirect you. With the help of this feature, you can use only Study apps during your Study time.
It is like Parental Control. You can control the App Timings within your Added Google Accounts.
One UI 1.0, 1.5 vs. 2.0
There are plenty of optimizations done. I will cover some Important tweaks that we want.
Options moved to the Bottom position so that you can use comfortably in one hand.
Night Mode available to reduce eye stress.
- Digital Wellbeing is available.
- Alternative Look added in Face Unlock. This allows us to combine different appearances like Glass, Without Glass, Cap, and Without Cap like that. Most of the time, your mobile will recognize this default. But when you face issues, you can use this feature.
- Notification Date and Time Size reduced. Now you can access more Toggles in the Notification bar.
You can quickly reply to messages within the notification bar.
Image thumbnails are available.
A new emojis suggestion is available. You can allow or disable this. Based on your conversation, your Keyboard will suggest the emojis.
The floating keyboard is available in all apps; it will be handy when using your mobile in landscape mode.
You can now set a custom touch and hold delay.
Always On Display
New clock styles and Charging Information is also available.
Re-organized Menus to find every essential and frequent usage easily.
Smart Things Interactions are added to the Bixby with the latest OTA.
Call History increased to Above 2000 entries.
Now you can manage contacts from various accounts with a new drawer menu.
Enhanced features are available now with AI Features.
- Samsung redesigned the Settings menu with accessible zoom functions.
Photo Editor App Available.
New Storage Analysis Tool is available to Monitor Storage and RAM Usage.
Samsung Health Steps counter available in the Notification Bar.
Other improvements and changes
Access Kids Home Available in the quick panel.
Call stickers have been removed.
HEIF images are now supported in Gallery and other apps.
- New Set of Emoji.
- Enhanced Adaptive Battery Improvements compare with the Pie version.
- Contaminant Detection- If any moistures are in your USB Ports, your mobile will alert you.
Selecting correct firmware is the Major step in this process. Based on your country or region, choose the firmware. It is a Manual ODIN process; You can flash the latest version. But if you use the sideload method, you should flash the next version of your mobile firmware, or else the process may brick your device. There are plenty of features added. Improved gestures are one of the best features in this version. If you can’t find your region, you can flash the near region firmware. But, It should be within the same model number. After the flash, you can contact your Mobile Operator and configure your Network settings.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate and Certified Android Developer, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.