The purpose for Rooting changed over the years. But, It doesn’t destroy root methods. Still, most developers and users prefer ROot methods for various reasons. Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G is an upper mid-range mobile with 4-8 GB of RAM. Since it is a new mobile and getting frequent optimization updates, You won’t need to root your mobile unless you have specific reasons; as a regular user, you don’t need to root your mobile. When you are a Developer or regular root apps user, you can root your Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Android 12 version using the below method. Since we are using the magisk only method, You can’t use custom ROMs. But you can use all root apps and Magisk modules.
After root, you will lose official updates. You have to update your mobile manually. So, Before proceeding with the process, you should know why you need to do it. If you are a regular user, you can try some alternatives for your purpose that don’t require root. When you are a regular root apps user and developer, you can follow the below guide to achieve root on your mobile.
Should you need to Root your Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Android 12 version?
It would be best if you had a strong reason for rooting. Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G already got One UI 4.0 based on Android 12 and is already optimized. You have More than Enough 4-8 GB RAM to use daily apps without lag for years. Yes, RAM is more than enough, even with the Samsung Heavily customized OS. But, Trust me, One UI is far better than other Custom Skin OS. You can use this device without lag for years until Samsung mess with some Bloatware. But beyond, this not go reasons you are addicted to some root apps, or you are a frequent user of some Custom OS, you can proceed further. But if you want to root because everybody is doing it, I advise you, don’t root If you don’t have any experience. For regular users, It can become a Nightmare.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Android 12 One UI 4.0 (SM-A528B/N)
Thanks to the developer Redymedan for finding the root method and topjohnwu – this genius is the one who discovered and maintained Magisk. Samsung Galaxy A50s International variants come with a flexible bootloader. It means that We can easily root the smartphone. The device can also install TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery file/app. Don’t try with Snapdragon US Variants like Verizon devices. They come with a locked Bootloader.
But In the below method, we will Root this device by using Magisk. You can install Official TWRP using the official app when it is released. TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file that We must install on your devices because you can root them successfully. This article explained the easiest method to follow and install Magisk on Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
You can flash TWRP once it is available. With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the Custom ROMs into your Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G. Before sharing the tutorial, you may want to know that you can easily install any root apps with the Magisk present on your device. Does it seem complicated? Relax; We will explain everything briefly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
Check your device model number.
- You should back up your current files and data- Full Data Loss Process (save them on external storage).
- Install Latest Magisk Manager.
Make sure your device battery is above 50%
- You cannot use Samsung Pay, Secured folder, and some official apps from Samsung.
- You can’t update your firmware; to get new firmware, you must follow the below steps with the latest firmware.
- Read the full tutorial before the process.
1. Unlock Bootloader
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To do this, go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in the Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G.
- Switch off your device. Enter into Download Mode-> Volume Down+ Volume Up Button and Connect your mobile with PC using a USB Cable. When the Download mode warning screen Appears, Press the Volume Up button to unlock Bootloader.
- The above process will wipe your user data. After setup your device, Please recheck the OEM Unlock in the settings. Sometimes It Will Lock Again.
2. Preparing Patched AP.tar file
Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system.
Install ODIN on your PC. Select the above Oreo version in the ODIN list. Also, download the ODIN software.
- Download Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Android 12 Firmware and save it on your PC. Your Current OS version and Downloaded Version AP and CSC should be the Same.
- You can use Phone Info to know your firmware version.
- Download 7Zip-ZS and Install it on your PC. Extract the files in downloaded firmware using 7Zip-ZS. You will get four files (You will get Five files. CSC file is compatible with this process, So we drop Home CSC files).
- Copy the AP File to your mobile.
- Download Magisk Manager (Download Latest version) or Magisk canary and Install it on your mobile. Open Installed Magisk and Select Install in Magisk; it will ask For a zip file and Patch Boot Image File. Select the AP file.
Navigate to your copied Boot Image File and patch the file.
- Wait for the process to complete; in the end, you will get a magisk patched .tar file. The .tar file will be in the same folder where you have the Stock firmware file. If you didn’t get the .tar and you got the .img file. No problem. Copy this file to your PC. We can convert the data there.
- When you get the .img file, Open the installed 7zip app. Navigate the magisk patched img file, select Add, Choose .tar format, and choose ok. Convert only the AP files. You will get the AP.tar file.
3. Flash Patched AP.tar along with other firmware files using ODIN
- Due to Samsung’s new security restrictions, we can’t flash the AP file with Stock Boot on your mobile. So, we have to flash a patched AP using ODIN.
- Unlock your screen lock. There should be no fingerprint, PIN Lock, Wipe. Set No lock in the settings.
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+ Power Buttons and Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable; after Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After entering into Download Mode, it will say Warning; press the Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you did not get this message, Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button, then Browse for the patched Magisk AP.tar file, select it. You should choose and flash the other three non-patched firmware files along with this file. Un-Tick the Auto-Reboot.
- Press Start wait for the tasks to complete. After the process is complete, Press the Volume Down+ Power button to exit Download mode. When the screen goes off, Immediately Press the Volume Up + Volume Down+ Power buttons to boot into Recovery mode.
- After entering into Stock recovery mode, Go to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Select Yes to wipe data. It will erase your saved data on your device. Don’t Boot into OS. Read below Boot stages before booting.
Boot into Rooted OS
- You have to set up your device like a new device. Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release all the keys once the Bootloader warning appears. You can check the root status using the Root Checker.
- Stock Recovery Boot – Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release keys while you hold the Volume Up key.
- You will see Magisk Manager in your App drawer. If you can’t find the app, you can install Magisk Manager on your mobile.
- Go to installed Magisk. Activate Seamless Host, Zygisk.
- Download and Install SafetyNetFix Module in Magick and Reboot your mobile.
In my opinion, you don’t need to root your Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Android 12. If you thought you could Improve Performance By root, your device could perform well with the Exynos 9611 Octa-Core processor and 4-8 GB RAM. If you don’t know how much RAM you need, You will never use this much RAM. It would help if you did not Boot into Normal OS Booting by pressing the power button after firmware flash. It will boot you to a Non-Rooted environment.
When you accidentally urge and boot frequently, Don’t panic; after setting everything up, switch off your device and boot into Rooted OS using the keys mentioned above. If you root your device because of the battery drain issues, you can optimize your battery without root. Beyond this, if your purpose is to Disable Bloatware apps, you can do that without using this method. If you have any suggestions or doubts, comment below.
Selva Ganesh is the Chief Editor of this Blog. He is a Computer Science Engineer, An experienced Android Developer, Professional Blogger with 8+ years in the field. He completed courses about Google News Initiative. He runs Android Infotech which offers Problem Solving Articles around the globe.