Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus 2018, aka A6+ already received Samsung’s One UI Pie 9.0 Upgrade. With Minimum of 2 GB RAM on our ported mobiles, One UI is working better than the Old Firmware. It is a Ported ROM, so there may be some bugs. But, When Optimized version updated in your mobile, you can expect a lot more performance Improvement. If you are a Long-time Samsung user, you can notice some lag issues in the OS. But, In One UI, it works better. So, In My opinion, you don’t have to root your mobile to uninstall Bloatware apps. Because with 4 GB of RAM, It can handle a lot of apps. Rooting will trigger Knox. So, your mobile will not get official updates from Samsung. You have to flash the firmware every time manually. But, after root you can flash firmware using Flashify app. If you flash using ODIN, you will lose root access. If you are a Developer or Regular root user, you can follow below steps to root your mobile.
Why should you Root Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus 2018?
First of all, thanks to topjohnwu – this genius is one who discovered and maintaining Magisk. We thank you for the hard work of TWRP Team and XDA Developer- ashyt16. Without this developer, this rooting method is not possible. We Used Old TWRPs and modified them to work compatible with this mobile. If you planned to root your mobile, you should have a proper reason. Samsung is Already releasing regular patch updates for your device. You already received Pie 9.0 One UI Upgrade. The security patch is correct on 45-90 days interval. The OS has already optimized for your Mobile. The problem is, you have enough 4 GB RAM and Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 Processor. If you worry about Bloatware apps, 4 GB RAM can handle apps better than you think. So, if you want to root because everybody is doing, I advise don’t root If you didn’t have any experience.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus 2018/ A6+ Pie 9.0 (SM-A605F/ SM-A605FN/ SM-A605G/ SM-A605GN)
Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus 2018 International variants come with a flexible bootloader. This means that the smartphone can be easily rooted. Also, the device can accept to install TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery file/app alike.
But In the below method, we are going to Root this device by using Magisk and Install TWRP. TWRP recovery is a custom recovery file which must be installed on Samsung Galaxy devices because you can root them successfully. In this article, we explained the easiest method to follow and install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus 2018. However, the tool required for rooting this device is the Magisk App.
With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can quickly flash the latest version of Magisk into your Galaxy A6 Plus 2018 to gain root access. Before sharing the tutorial, you may want to know that, with the TWRP recovery present on your device, you can easily install any custom ROM or firmware. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything will be explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
Check your device model number.
- Install Latest Magisk Manager.
Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
Backup your current files and data- Full Data Loss Process (save them on external storage).
- You cannot use Samsung Pay, Secured folder, and some official apps from Samsung.
- You can’t update your firmware, to get new firmware you have to follow the below steps with the latest firmware.
- Read full tutorial before the process.
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To do this; go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then go to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in the Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus 2018.
- Switch off your device. Enter into Download Mode-> Volume Down+Volume Up and Connect your mobile with PC using USB Cable. When Download mode warning screen Appears, Press Volume Up button to unlock Bootloader.
- The above process will wipe your User Data. After Setup your device, Please recheck the OEM Unlock in the settings. Sometimes It Will Lock Again.
Preparing Patched Boot Image file
Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system.
Also, download the ODIN software. Select above Oreo version in the ODIN list. Install ODIN on your PC.
- Download Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus 2018Firmware and save it on your PC. Your Current OS version and Downloaded Version AP and CSC should be Same.
- Download forced_encryption_disabler, RMM State Bypass. We Need to flash RMM State to avoid OEM Lock automatically in future after the Root process, and no-verity-opt-encrypt. We Need to flash encryption disabler to avoid Boot Warnings in the future after the Root process. Copy all these files to the external SD Card.
- You should download the TWRP file from below. If you need Custom Recovery or you can skip this step. Copy this file to PC for flash using ODIN.
- You can use Phone Info to know your firmware version.
- Download 7Zip-ZS Install on your PC. Extract the files in downloaded firmware using 7Zip-ZS. You will get four data. Copy “AP.tar.md5” file to your mobile.
- Download Magisk Manager (Download Latest version) or Magisk canary and Install it on your mobile. Open Installed Magisk and Select Install in Magisk, It will ask For zip file and Patch Boot Image File. Select the Boot Image file.
Navigate to your copied Boot Image File and patch the file.
- Wait for the process to complete, In the end, you will get magisk patched .tar file. The .tar file will be in the same folder where you have the Stock firmware file.
- Copy magisk_patched.tar file to your PC.
Step 1: Flash Patched Boot Image using ODIN
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+ Volume Up Buttons and Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable, After Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After entering into Download Mode, it will say Warning, Press Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you did not get this message Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button then Browse for the magisk patched file selects it. All other three files should be Unpatched and Extracted from the firmware. So, Now you got four files in the ODIN. Un-Tick the Auto-Reboot.
- Press Start wait for the tasks to complete. After the process complete, Press Volume Down+ Power button to exit Download mode. When the screen goes off, Immediately Press Volume Up+ Volume Down + Power buttons to boot into Recovery mode.
- After entering into Stock recovery mode, Go to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Select Yes to wipe data. It will erase your saved data in your device. Don’t Boot into OS, Read below Boot stages before booting.
Boot into Rooted OS
- Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release all the keys once the Bootloader warning appears. You have to set up your device like a new device. You can select the root status using Root Checker.
- Stock Recovery Boot – Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release keys while you hold the Volume Up key.
- You will see Magisk Manager in your App drawer. If you can’t find the app, you can install Magisk Manager in your mobile.
Step 2: Flash TWRP using ODIN
- Connect your USB cable with PC. Switch off your device. Then, enter into Download mode. To do this; press and hold down the Volume Down+ Volume Up button and connect your micro USB Cable.
Press the Volume Up button to continue when you see the warning message.
Now, connect the Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus 2018 mobile to the computer via USB cable.
Launch the Odin app on your computer. If the device is detected by this app (Odin), it will show you a message that reads – added!!!
- However, if the device is not correctly connected to the PC, you won’t see this message. So, you have to check the USB cable if it is reasonable and reconnect the device.
After connecting the Samsung device, click on the PDA/PA button to browse/search and get the TWRP from where you saved it on your PC. Also, navigate to “options” and Un-tick the Auto-Reboot.
Click on “Start”
Once the file is loaded into the device, reboot your device.
Kudos, you have just Installed the TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus 2018. If you installed TWRP, Don’t turn on your mobile. Immediately, move to Magisk Installation steps.
Install Magisk, no-verity-opt-encrypt, and RMM State By-Pass in your Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus 2018 using TWRP
- Boot it into recovery mode->Volume Up + Home+ Power Button.
- Now it Will Boot into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache Data.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select RMM State By-Pass.zip. Same process on no-verity-opt-encrypt installation.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select Magisk.zip.
- You should Install One by One. Don’t use add more zips feature in TWRP. After the Installation Reboot Your Mobile.
- You can also install Magisk.apk in your Mobile Applications. no-verity-opt-encrypt is used to avoid the Encryption issue after rooting. You can check your root status using Root Checker.
- If you didn’t find Magisk in App Drawer, you should repeat the process from OEM fix installation.
You should not Boot into Normal OS Booting, after TWRP. After TWRP Flash, Immediately Boot into Recovery or Else you will get Warning message FRP Lock. If you accidentally urged and boot frequently, Don’t panic, flash official A6 Plus 2018 stock firmware to get back into stock OS. You should Install zip files one by one in TWRP. Don’t change the Installation order.
Selva Kumar is an Android Devices Enthusiast, Who Can Talk and Write About Anything If You Give a Hint About the respective devices. He is a Computer Science Graduate, Making His Career towards this Technology. He is always eager to try new Android devices — not only Software level but Hardware-level Also. Beyond this, He is a Good Swimmer, Guitarist.