Even if LG may not produce and hit the sales like Samsung and other mobile manufacturers, LG always surprises us with their new features and price value. After LG G5, there is no notable hit in their sales. But now they begin to adopt new technologies, and it may help them. LG velvet is already available with both LTE and 5G versions. In both versions, they used Snapdragon processors. But as an exclusive T-Mobile variant, LG announced Velvet 5G with MediaTek 1000C processor. It helps MediaTek to enter into US region market. Also, the price is more affordable and starts at $588. You can too opt-in for 24 months plan, or you can get up to $294 value when you trade-in your old mobiles.
The move from LG is new. You never heard about any mobile with two different specifications. But T-Mobile did this wonder with LG Velvet when it announced to launch LG Velvet with MediaTek’s chipset Dimensity 1000C. Whereas no other LG Velvet has this chipset ever.
Table of Contents
What’s new in T-Mobile’s LG Velvet?
AT&T and Verizon earlier launched LG Velvet in this July. Those variants of Velvet are using the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G with 6GB RRAM and 128GB storage. But this variant of Velvet announced by T-Mobile is equipped with Dimensity 1000C, a new chipset from MediaTek. Again, it is happening the first time that any Chinese chip is used in the American phone.
MediaTek Dimensity 1000C features
Before LG Velvet, OnePlus Nord rumored to have MediaTek Dimensity 1000 processor. But based on user thoughts, OnePlus moved to Snapdragon 765G processor. Dimensity 1000C is a new entry in the MediaTek 5G chipset portfolio. Let’s take a look at Dimensity 1000C features.
The Dimensity 1000C is an octa-core system on the circuit (SoC). The octa-core comprises four cores of Cortex-A77 and more power-efficient four cores of Cortex-A55; clocks up to 2GHz.
Five cores of ARM Mali-G57 control the powerful graphics processing unit (GPU).
It supports up to 12GB of RAM typed LPDDR4X at 1.866MHZ and USF 2.2 storage. It supports 128GB that is expandable to 3TB with an SD card. While most of the Flagship mobiles support UFS 3.0 storage, Using the old version may affect the access speed slightly.
It can support a single 64MP camera or a dual 32MP + 16MP camera. This SoC has a maximum resolution of 3,840*2,160 pixels.
- Dimensity 1000C has built-in 5G support with mixed Duplex 5G-CA. With this combination duplex, it can handle two 5G connections like TDD+FDD or TDD+TDD or FDD+FDD. IT can also support 4G and 4G Lite.
- Supports wi-fi 5 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac).
- Supports Bluetooth Version 5.1.
For better playback, Netflix and YouTube at higher speed Dimensity 1000C supports AV 1 video hardware decoding.
- It supports dual display for fold or flip phones.
- It has a full HD resolution (2520*1080) with an OLED display at a refresh rate of 120Hz.
It has a dual voice wakeup (VoW) like the Google assistant.
LG Velvet Features
- LG Velvet has 167.1 mm x 74.1 mm x 7.9 mm dimensions and 180 grams weight. The P-OLED display screen has a 1080 x 2460 pixel resolution, and pixel density is 395 ppi.
- The front selfie camera is 16 MP with f/2.0 aperture, and the rear panel has three camera sensors 48MP + 8MP +5MP. These cameras support auto flash, digital zoom, touch to focus, and face detection. But Camera MP alone didn’t result in the best pictures.
- The battery is slightly less than the other Velvet variants and is 4000mAh instead of 4300mAh in earlier variants.
- It has 6GB RAM and 128GB storage that is expandable to 2 TB with an SD card. 6GB RAM is more than enough for regular usage. You can refer to How much RAM you need in Android mobiles?.
- Velvet has wi-fi, Bluetooth V5.1, and NFC connectivity.
- It has IP68 and MIL0STD 840G certification for waterproofing and dust proofing.
How to get T-Mobile LG Velvet with MediaTek 1000C processor?
AT&T earlier launched the LG Velvet with a price tag of $599 and by Verizon with a price of $699. This time T-Mobile is launching the MediaTek variant Velvet on September 10 with a price tag of $588, which is slightly low than the other two.
Is there any lease option?
Yes, T-Mobile is offering Velvet at $588 outright, and it has a 24-month lease plan. You can get Velvet at $24.50/ month with 24 months plan at zero interest rate. You can avail of this lease plan if you purchase a new line from T-Mobile.
It is the first time MediaTek chip is selling in the USA. It is a perfect opportunity for them to slowly entering into the US market with the help of T-Mobile. The Velvet price is slightly low than other earlier variants, and the 24-month lease plan is right for you to get a mid-range flagship mobile with 5G capabilities. LG mobile may not be the perfect alternative for other mobiles because of the software experience. But when considering the hardware and price ratio, T-Mobile’s LG Velvet is a viable option under the $600 range. Also, with the help of T-Mobile full US state 5G coverage, You can use the 5G network in your LG velvet without interruption. Do tell us about your purchase plans in the comments below.
Selva Ganesh is the Chief Editor of this Blog. He is a Computer Science Engineer, An experienced Android Developer, Professional Blogger with 8+ years in the field. He completed courses about Google News Initiative. He runs Android Infotech which offers Problem Solving Articles around the globe.