OnePlus 8 didn’t get better sales to compare with their previous OnePlus lineups. So, OnePlus decide to grab the mid-range users with its OnePlus Nord. As expected, the early launch and sales rate pretty good, and this year’s overall shipping units will be decent for OnePlus. After OnePlus Nord, rumors suggest OnePlus is working on an entry-level mobile name called Clover. The price range will be around $200, and it comes with some decent specs with Oxygen OS. Also, Unlike Nord, this model will available globally. So, The price range may vary Plus $50 or something in some countries like Europe. But the specs are decent, and OnePlus Clover comes with 6000 mAh battery, 90Hz display with Qualcomm SM4250 Snapdragon 460 processor.
Entry-level OnePlus Clover mobile- True or Not?
If you don’t know, OnePlus Nord is a remastered version of Oppo Reno 4 with some tweaks in Camera and OS. OnePlus also plan to release OnePlus Watch after the launch of Oppo Watch. There is no wonder here. Both Oppo and OnePlus working under the same parent company. Whenever Oppo comes with a great idea and can’t get the attention, the features go to OnePlus and become famous, including fast chargers. So, Some experts suggest that the OnePlus Clover can be an Oppo A53 developed edition. Oppo A53 comes in a $200 range and hit a lot of sales. So, When OnePlus sell the same phone with their touch in UI and hardware, It can make better sales. You can now understand OnePlus Clover is not a rumor. It may not come soon. But we can expect the launch along with OnePlus 8T.
OnePlus Clover Expected Specifications
OnePlus can’t exceed the $200 range. Because when OnePlus move its field, they will hit the OnePlus Nord, which is available for $300 with next level scale specs. So To judge the specs with the price, they have to stick with the $200 price range. So, We can’t expect much specs, But because of the brand OnePlus they will not go cheap with the specifications. It can moreover be the same specs with Oppo A53, but instead of ColorOS, It will come with Oxygen OS.
- It will come with Qualcomm SM4250 Snapdragon 460 processor. Qualcomm recently announced 5G technology in Snapdragon 600 series. But due to the price range, OnePlus may not use this processor. But if they do, they can make record-breaking sales.
- OnePlus Clover will come with a 6.5-inch LCD HD+ hole-punch display with 720 x 1600 pixes and 90Hz Refresh rate. Yes, the Oppo A53 with the same price range comes with a high refresh rate. So, OnePlus can do the same magic.
- 4/6 GB RAM. 4 GB RAM is enough for heavy users too. If you feel the RAM is not enough for you, You can refer- How much RAM you need in Android Mobiles?.
- Regarding power, It comes with 6000 mAh battery capacity and no wireless charging. It will support 18W fast charging.
- No IP rating. It can be splash-proof.
- A triple rear camera setup (13MP + 2MP + 2MP) and 16 MP Primary Camera. Camera MP alone doesn’t decide better photos. You should need good software to optimize the image.
When will it launch?
These rumors strengthen with the fact that OPPO, the same hood under their parent company of OnePlus, has recently launched its OPPO A53 in China and India on August 25, 2020. The expected launch date for OnePlus Clover maybe with the launch of OnePlus 8T, which is expected late this year.
The truth is that OnePlus can’t compete in the Premium range with Samsung, Google, and other companies, Because the budget flagship is not a name for OnePlus anymore. Year by year, they are rising the price and losing some customers. Instead of focusing on the Premium range, They can get the right audience in the category where they connected with the audience. Yes, the value for money. When users compare the price and value, OnePlus mobiles always makes sense. That is the reason for OnePlus Success.
With the Clover, They have all three range mobiles, and they can get an all range audience. But the price of $200 may not stick with all regions. Because when OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro is launched, It is $150 high in Europe regions. But due to massive production, they may cut down the margin and give the same price range. But it is up to OnePlus decision. What are your thoughts about OnePlus Clover? Did you think it is a good idea from OnePlus? Comment below.
Selva Ganesh is the Chief Editor of this Blog. He is a Computer Science Engineer, An experienced Android Developer, Professional Blogger with 8+ years in the field. He completed courses about Google News Initiative. He runs Android Infotech which offers Problem Solving Articles around the globe.